By jellybean_94 - 15/08/2009 04:33 - Canada

Today, I found out that my parents are first cousins. FML
I agree, your life sucks 137 412
You deserved it 7 360

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This happens more often then you'd think. But still, FYL.

My parents are first cousins too, lol, I turned out fine. Just don't go off with your first cousin, there will probably be some trouble there :P

Comments

Yes, and so does everyone who has a degree in the medical field. Or just an interest in genetics. Veeery suspicious indeed.

Antivirus_fml 0

Americans are assholes, OP everything is fine, there is nothing wrong in marrying your cousins.

wow wtf really? wat country r u from cuz im avoiding tht country

At least we won't get arrested for talking khrahp about your country >:€

so you're saying that over 300,000,000 people are assholes? what did THAT many people do to you? I am just wondering how ALL of those people can offend one person bad enough to get them insulted like that

wtff? get tested for what? i think you need to get tested just for saying that

the person should get a genetic test, people, not an STD test sheesh! At least not an STD test in this case. There could be some genetic disorders that the OP could be more prone to because they come from a more shallow gene pool than most people.

Finally. Someone that is actually intelligent.

Einstein married his cousin.. It's nothing wrong as long as you didn't grow up with them (that's kind of creepy) Although the risk of deformity is a bit higher because of the facts that the cousins have the same grand parents (amount of genes in commun), the risk of two cousins having a deformed kid is not that higher from the "normal" population. Besides, i though we were all descendants of adam and eve, who share the same genetic make up ? (proving christians say shit, lesson 1 XD)

adam and eve supposedly didn't have only two children (there's seth somewhere). I think the big idea is that god kept creating people ^^ Anyway it's still quite full of shit, this whole stuff (i'm an agnostic french woman, so when some american christians say the gran canyon is from the big flod, i can only laugh my ass off)

I guess you missed the whole "begat sons and daughters" verse in Genesis

RESTAREA 0

That verse was the basis for TL;DR xD

jaaaclyn 0

Okay geniuses, I take it your evolutionists. Here's something I, as a Christian don't understand. If we evolved from monkeys, please tell me why there are still monkeys?

couturedoll 7

We didn't evolve from monkeys. Supposedly, we come from a common ancestor and branch of into different species. And tell me, as an atheist, how was God formed? Since Christians obviously don't believe in the big bang theory (questioning how an explosion could happen out of nowhere with nothin to create it) how can God be formed then?

Redneck325Ci 0

LOL Wow..I figured since I have the name "Redneck", mostly everyone that is judgmental will probably end up reading this thinking; "They have rednecks in Canada?" - So before any comments like this emerge, I'll just say this...The definition of "redneck" in this day and age is too long to describe, yet most rednecks do not commit in sexual acts with family members. In actual studies, more people North of the Mason-Dixon line have had sexual acts with family members than in the South. Yet every society throughout the entire world have different views on incest; which also derived more than 5,000 years ago. Some societies actually have never written any laws on marriage or incest. In South Carolina and North Carolina it is STILL legal to marry your first cousin. Available studies indicate that about 98% of all incest is between sisters and brothers of about the same age. 1% is between parents and children, and the other 1% between aunts and uncles and nieces and nephews. It is a difficult topic to research because very few people will admit to practicing incest. There is also a difference between consenting adults who are related, and sexual abuse which would be considered rape. That's all I really have to say. Some countries allow it and see nothing wrong with it; India being one of them..and other countries look down upon it. It's all society, if society or religion(if you're religious) deem something wrong, then that's how you view it.

Redneck325Ci 0

To learn more about what a redneck is and the redneck philosophy; read this article written by a man who lives/works in the city and a good friend of mine. http://www.dba-oracle.com/redneck.htm

It's legal to marry your first cousin almost everywhere. It's legal but the problem is "moral" (specially if you grew up together) What's illegal, is brother and sister, and uncle and niece (or aunt and nephew). In the second case, the family genealogy is all ****** up. The kid of uncle+niece, what is it for the niece parents (aka uncle brother/sister) ? is it their nephew because it's the son of their brother, or is it their grandson because it's the son of their daughter ?

Redneck's got a point; it's a point of view issue. While there's enough of a blood (and religious) difference for a cousin to marry without it being incest; an aunt is too close to the parent (in fact, the blood is technically the same as a parent). Though, I do wonder... can the child of cousins marry the child of another set of related cousins from the first family? Or is that what that person wrote earlier (about the 12.5%? I kinda skimmed it) Actually, come to think of it, I think you're not allowed to marry your sister's in laws (and viceversa), right? Ah, so technical. Makes me glad I'm not planning on marrying cousins (not that there's anything wrong of course; just a preference thing).

Redneck325Ci 0

4ube, In some countries it is legal, but in the U.S. & Canada it isn't. Also there is a big difference between consensual sex and non-consensual sex which would be rape/molestation.

Redneck325Ci 0

4ube, In some countries it is legal, but in the U.S. & Canada it isn't. Also there is a big difference between consensual sex and non-consensual sex which would be rape/molestation.

OBJECTION !! you got it wrong, in canada it's allowed, and so is in 26 states in the us : http://www.cousincouples.com/?page=facts o/

wrong ! Canada allows cousin marriages, and so the majority of the US' states http://www.cousincouples.com/?page=facts

FrankieTheNimrod 0

Reminds me of the "I'm my own grandpa" song.

@37 That's funny how you mention "morals" since no one on this site has any.

Actually there are quite a few states in the US that don't allow first cousins to marry....

RESTAREA 0

Reminds me of the episode of Futurama where Fry goes back in time and BECOMES his own grandpa

Genetical is a word, Mr. KnowItAll! Genetical is the adjective of genetic. It is even online! http://mw1.meriam-webster.com/dictionary/genetical

This is bullshit (and I usually don't curse either). All these posts about "today my boyfriend/girlfriend fornicated, blah blah" and you don't care about how unholy it is. Yet when someone posts "my parents are cousins (something that God has absolutely no problem with)" you take in arms and say it's effed up. FYI, this is not incest. Scientifically, there's enough blood difference for it to not affect anyone. Trust me, God is far more intelligent than any of you liberal morons.