By jhulich - 24/12/2013 20:48 - Sweden - H?gersten

Today, I found out that my mom isn't coming to see me for Christmas. Instead she'll be spending it in jail for a DUI and battery. Thank you to my cocklick of an aunt for taking a recovering alcoholic to a bar and pressuring her into relapse. FML
I agree, your life sucks 49 715
You deserved it 3 285

Same thing different taste

Top comments

olpally 32

The aunt should be the one in jail. What a ****.

Comments

hunts19ketchup 23

Now that's low. Now let's just hope your aunt doesn't start complaining about how hard it is to deal with a drunk...

lkb307 21

Dude. man up. you can't make people be what they aren't. Live your life. not theirs

But OP just wants to lead the mother into a better life. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Lemurcat 12

You should be telling that to OP's aunt. Since SHE was the one who pressured her poor sister into a relapse.

FYL. But this is better than your mom killing someone in a car wreck.

ZomBgal 12

Wow, your aunt is awful. FYI, OP. It's bad enough that your mom relapsed, worse that's she's gotten into trouble as well. But that it's happened on Christmas--I'd be upset at the very least. I hope you're still able to enjoy your holiday.

SuperMew 22

Its time to rethink your ties with certain members of the family.

I'm so sorry OP you deserve better. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas anyways!

Hopefully the holiday spent in jail will wake her up and make her more determined not to relapse again. Dealing with addiction is tough and it can sometimes take something like this to keep the person on track for good.

mxij 13

Hopefully the battery was towards your aunt, sorry OP