By Fatty - 28/12/2011 07:57 - United States

Today, I found out that I've been using a "Trick Scale" that my family bought to boost my self esteem so I'd think I was losing weight. I found this out at my physical, where I learned I have actually gained ten pounds. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 530
You deserved it 4 879

Same thing different taste

Comments

You know what I thought about when I read this FML? Why would the family do that to someone that was overweight? Maybe OP has an eating disorder and he/she doesn't NEED to lose (anymore) weight. Also, I've lost somewhere between 10-15 pounds and went down a pants size within the past few months by simply not eating as much, although I still eat whatever/whenever I want. So, I guess it is possible to lose weight without really changing a whole lot.

You know I wondered about that myself. Everyone on here is automatically jumping to the conclusion that the OP actually needs to lose weight but it is possible that they are the type to force their weight down to unhealthy levels and the family was trying to circumvent that. It's also possible, depending on what the OP does normally that their "weight gain" is more muscle gain than fat gain.

I never thought of that until your post. You could be right.

Op: Wow! I'm losing weight! Even though my belly is bigger and I have yet another chin, I'm losing weight! The diet coke with my double whopper worked!

Instead of a "trick scale" your family should help teach you about changing your lifestyle and diet, or take you to the doctor for some tests.

bubo_fml 10

On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate yourself as a "trick?"

How did you gain ten pounds more! If you actually wanted to lose weight then you would have tried even harder to lose more weight than what you had already "lost".

fadingfaith 4

How do you guys know that Op is overweight or on the fat side? She could have an eating disorder...

The current message is that "overeating and underexercising leads to obesity then to health issues" because of a 'simple mathematical law' : calories in - calories out = energy balance This is intuitive, simple and... not true. Despite more than half a century of trials, there is no scientific study that has ever demonstrated these 'evidences'. Have you ever wondered why wasn't there always a strict correlation between what one's ate and how fat and how fit he/she was ??? Why everyone has a lean friend who has been accused of anorexia whereas he/she was not? And a "fat" friend that doesn't eat more than anyone else (my friend C. is that kind of person and she has been practising gym 5 hours a week for more than ten years and goes running once a week). Why isn't the formula diet+exercise a miracle recipe?? Here is a simple experiment to understand that it's not as simple as the calorie dogma says : They chose 12 pairs of twins, and the 24 young men ate an excess of 1000 calories a day for twelve weeks. They found that their weight gain and body fat gain varied by a factor of three. (study led by Claude Bouchard, published in 1990)

Here we go again. Stay tuned for the stay at home scientists.

now that it's all figured out, it's time for u to lose some weight. Don't get down on urself for gaining 10 lbs. now just lose it. There are plenty of ways to lose the weight. Find one that works for u. Walking is a good start. Who cares what people think? If ur walking, ur trying. Keep ur head up, and start walking. Cut back on the carbs. Veggies are always good. It's very hard, but U CAN AND WILL DO IT. U have just got to try. I have faith in u and I don't know u. Good luck.