Masochist

By Jess Garcia - 28/04/2021 17:01

Spicy
Today, I sabotaged my marriage by putting the idea of an open relationship that I never wanted into my husband's head. Why the fuck? FML
I agree, your life sucks 337
You deserved it 1 938

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What? This makes no sense to me whatsoever.

I'm guessing you were trying to test him, but you don't do things like that with your spouse. Marriage counseling isn't a terrible idea my friend

Comments

There's more to this FML because this is stupefying. The base of it already sounds stupid and childish from the get go.

slhiggx 17

There must be a desire for an open relationship between or by the other spouse for it to be something you proposed, I’m just assuming. It’s not really a sabotage if you are both strong minded, trusting/trustworthy, and have mutual respect. There are plenty of married couples who pull off having an open relationship. It’s about setting boundaries and having strong communication skills, with the same end result in mind. If it’s not something your spouse wants, don’t press further. If it’s something they’d like to explore, I would suggest mentioning how you actually feel about it. And move from there. Just a suggestion. If there’s any jealousy, it most likely will not work out too well. Also there’s always they exclusive unicorn couples always try to find. Maybe that would be a better option?

jeepme 2

unicorns are ******* awesome!

What? This makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Like someone else said why bring it up if you didn't want to do it? Has your husband been hinting?

Never suggest something that you wouldn’t want your partner to accept. Do not ask a question that you cannot handle an honest answer to. I assume OP was hoping for a reassuring negative to the question. My own wife sometimes asks questions that she thinks she knows the answer to or makes a statement that she expects me to tell her is not true just so she will be reassured. Frankly I think this kind of behavior is immature and counterproductive, but both men and women sometimes do this.

I'm guessing you were trying to test him, but you don't do things like that with your spouse. Marriage counseling isn't a terrible idea my friend

To be fair, an ex wanted me to try an open relationship. I wasn't into it but agreed hoping it would help our issues as he made it sound. We came up with a contract together LOL little did I know, he already had someone in mind and I quickly realized this was NOT for me. It was too late.

Solid, undeniable proof that a woman can ask you a question, tell you the answer, and you'll STILL be wrong.