By Anonymous - 27/06/2012 20:02 - United States - Elkhart

Today, I found out that I'm pregnant. I had an IUD put in two years ago that's supposed to prevent pregnancy. To put it in perspective, less than 1% of people using this IUD get pregnant. Lucky me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 890
You deserved it 5 341

Same thing different taste

Top comments

thischick1659 1

Hey, at least you're special ;D

With your luck, you should buy a lotto :D

Comments

Bonzer 2

OMF that's horrible!!! I feel so bad for you! Are you getting an abortion? FYL

Bonzer 2
dominic1221 6

Don't feed the troll. Nothing to see here, move along, move along.

hockeyoceancity 13

Okay well stupid question and totally random but this comment is already stupid so it fits, can OP actually comment on this? i've never seen it happen before so just wondering.

It was a stupid question, but yes, OP can comment. And it has happened, but rarely.

melodywarner17 0

It must have been meant to be :)

perdix 29

Greedy, ******* one-percenters! I'll bet you want the government to bail you out with my hard-earrned taxpayer dollars! I'm going to protest at Occupy Your Uterus!

TheElderTROLLZ 15

You go for it, Perdy. That's my nickname for ya. :)

Michele2luv 8

Haha I was just waiting for an occupy joke :D

I think someone occupied her uterus already, perdix… and another is going to.

Maybe you should go to a casino. You're on a lucky run.

bibbster18 11

"Plan B is what, like 50 bucks?" - Jimmy Tatro

Plan B only works, what... like, the DAY AFTER you had sex? :/

Yeah, Plan B won't work if you are already pregnant. It doesn't terminate a pregnancy.

Ah, got ya. I read it too quick and thought you were telling her to take Plan B

Also, plan B is closer to 70-80 bucks.

bettyboop428 24

Plan B is not nearly as effective as other birth controls. I got pregnant while on the pill and after taking the Plan B only 12 hours later.

liz805 4

Plan B works for up to 5 days after unprotected intercourse......and in California there is a state funded program that if women qualify for it it's free

MBrabs1996 22

Where do you live that plan B is 70-80 bucks? Where I live its 20.

You may see it as bad luck now, but one day you'll say how it was the best thing to ever happen. If you don't absolutely hate kids that is.

Or...seeing it as the best thing to ever happen at the worst possible time. People usually want kids at a certain time and having them early is not the best thing to happen. The best thing to happen would be if she had the kids later, and we don't even know how old she is from this. She may love this kid more than anything just because it was born, that doesn't change the fact she would love any other child she has just as much.

Always use a condom just in case. And/or go on the pill. And congratulations :D

Do u not know what an Iud is? It is birth control dimwit. You can't take both.

53, believe it or not, I do know what an IUD is. Do you know what a condom is? You can use condom even with an IUD,thank you. Don't call names if you don't even know what you're talking about.

constipatedlady 0

"And/or go on the pill" a IUD is more effective than "the pill" and a lot of women, myself included, use methods like the pill or an IUD so that they don't have to bother with barrier methods like condoms which take pleasure and spontaneity away from sex.

Yes, I understand the reasons behind an IUD. However, if you want to lessen your chances of getting pregnant even more, you can use other forms of birth control as well.

71- I was with you up until the "condoms which take pleasure and spontaneity away from sex." If condoms are that much of a burden to you or your partner, you're doing it wrong.

constipatedlady 0

Haha nice, "that much" no, but, stopping to put on the condom brings to mind awful things like pregancy. Pregnancy is definitely a turn off.

So is constipation. Using a condom is just backing up the iud... You know, preventing getting pregnant, or even worse, an STD!!! Anyway, my kid was unplanned but the best thing to happen in my life.

TheDrifter 23

If a 30 second commercial break to grab and put on a condom doesn't have a noticable effect on the spontaneous or romantic feeling, I pity your love life.

constipatedlady 0

STDs? That's even better, "Hey, let's take 30 seconds to remind each other that you're not to be trusted." Condoms are fantastic for teenagers and those in casual relationships but, if you marry or commit? Not so much.

FMLshark 12

No, I think it's on FML because this is where people put stories bragging about how fortunate their lives are.

No contraception is 100% effective, OP. Everyone is notified of the fact, if you weren't then your medical care provider is an ass! Lol But seriously, having one of those in and being pregnant can be dangerous to your health. : / I hope everything works out ok. Xx