By NowBroke - 04/04/2016 09:38 - United Kingdom - Malmesbury

Today, I found out my mother drives my car. I was okay with it; I don't use it all the time and she's my mother. However, I was not okay with the multiple speeding tickets that came through in the post. "You're the registered keeper, so why should I pay?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 585
You deserved it 1 840

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Shadowvoid 33

I would speedily take the keys away from her and never allow her to drive again. You could lose your license from losing points.

Looks like it's time to start hiding your keys.

Comments

harleyivy 7

I know she's your mother,but sue her for the money and hide your keys. you're the one who's going to get in trouble.

Not sure about the UK laws but in Australia you can fill in and sign a declaration that it was [other person] driving the car at the time, with their licence details and the fines get reissued to that person. Only trouble is, the other person has to sign it too and someone like your mother isn't likely to do that. I definitely would not let this matter rest though, your mother needs to take responsibility for her actions and you don't deserve to get into trouble for what she did.

That makes me pissed just reading that and I have an idea of what your felling. My mom fuses with me over something and she does it too. I can't stay mad at her though...SHE'S MY MOMMY!

well the speeding tickets follow the driver and not the car. so you dont have to pay, that's your mother's responsibility. best of luck to you

**** it grab her keys drive her car and acquire speeding tickets and tell her the same thing

You should be able to find some way too sue her. Then again it is your mom.

While your name is on the registration, her drivers license number is on the ticket. You should explain that to her. If she's been caught speeding, it's her responsibility to pay for them, even if she's your mother. Hide the keys and wait for the court date.