By Lord Kane of Flatulon - 06/10/2015 11:13 - Australia - Warrnambool

Today, I found out my dad has been using the flip-flops I wear in the shower. The reason I wear them is to prevent myself from getting his nasty foot fungus. FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 882
You deserved it 1 673

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Boil them in hot water, then empty the pot onto your dad. Or, you could try telling him. That might work better!

Have a talk with your dad or if that doesn't work just keep them hidden from him.

Comments

leogachi 15

Buy a new pair and keep them in your room when you're not using them. A friend of mine had to do that with her expensive shampoo because her asshole cousin (who was staying with her family at the time) was deliberately dumping it down the toilet.

How do you accidentally dump shampoo down the toilet?

#15, #14 said deliberately, which means on purpose. The asshole cousin was pouring it down the toilet on purpose.

I think she was referring to the fact that 'deliberately' wasn't necessary in this sentence since it obviously couldn't be achieved accidentally. At least that's what I though upon reading it myself.

#22. The way I read it, the friends cousin poured the shampoo in the toilet just to be a bitch.

25- yes, but what 22 (and possibly 15?) was trying to point out was that you can't accidentally dump shampoo down the toilet, so saying it was done deliberately is redundant, because it's already obvious that it was done deliberately. They could have just said the asshole cousin was dumping the shampoo down the toilet, without adding "deliberately".

leogachi 15

@15 I don't know how a person would manage that, but I'd be willing to bet that at least one person would have said, "Maybe it was an accident," if I hadn't added "deliberately" to my comment. A lot of people here are quick to defend even when someone is obviously just being a jerk.

Why not just keep them in your room or something.

starglow13 10

what, i posted this FML anonymously quite a while ago and it wasn't published...WORD FOR WORD...but I'm not a man and I don't live in Australia??

Perhaps it's your dad's way of saying that he wants to grow on you. Anyway, get new flip-flops ASAP.

dude, you live in Australia. they're called thongs!

locustbb 9

While gross, it's not likely to infect you. the carpet is just as likely as the shower. Hope your problem gets fixed though.

Did you find this out by getting his fungal infection....

awkwardngrateful 10

He needs to buy you the anti- fungal now.