By Anonymous - 30/12/2014 09:57 - United Kingdom - Oxford

Today, I got a call from my roommate's mother, asking me to hide her flip flops so she couldn't wear them out in sub-zero temperatures. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 146
You deserved it 2 977

Same thing different taste

Top comments

My mum wears sandals all year round, and when it gets colder she wears socks with them. She went outside in the snow to feed the birds and complained her feet got wet and cold. Perhaps your roommate is just like that.

Who would want to wear flip flops then anyways? That's a bit crazy. What I want to know is if you really hid them.

Comments

Who would want to wear flip flops then anyways? That's a bit crazy. What I want to know is if you really hid them.

Me I would. Your feet would freeze so much, but then when you come back in and they warm, up it feels beautiful. It takes a lot to experience nice things like that.

My mum wears sandals all year round, and when it gets colder she wears socks with them. She went outside in the snow to feed the birds and complained her feet got wet and cold. Perhaps your roommate is just like that.

My dad always wears socks with sandals in the snow because he thinks they're stylish

Greenteamextreme 16

Flip flops and sandals... pffft. In Australia the mother would be asking OP to hide the thongs.

That's good parenting at least. If it were me, my mom would ask you to hide my shorts.

well at least she cares about her daughters health

Be glad she's not cold hearted to her daughter.

My mom is the same with her Crocs. The little wholes get filled with snow real quick

xninix_fml 36

Lol I still don't get why someone would do that. I'd think their feet would be cold haha.

Kind of cold that the mom thinks her kin would wear flip flops in ice. I usually don't wear shoes unless I have to either though...

Well she has lived with her daughter before, just saying she probably knows she does stuff like that.

It's better than wearing wet shoes :'D Athlete's foot or water filled freakin' boats versus shoes that don't require Olympian strength to remove when they get wet? The only downside is if you aren't impervious to the cold or the lack of traction.