By MochiMomoChan - 17/09/2009 09:32 - United States

Today, I found out I'm on wage garnishment because my mother, who took out a student loan for me back in '05, didn't pay off the $2015 owed when she said she would. I got screwed over financially because of her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 870
You deserved it 9 377

Same thing different taste

Top comments

While she did dick you over by not doing what she said she would, you shouldn't be relying on your mother to take out student loans for you anyway. If you're old enough to go to college then you're old enough to fill out the paperwork for a loan.

So you're moaning because your mum didn't pay of YOUR debt? Boo Hoo.

Comments

abylaunch 10

I hate ungratful people like you. Are you seriously going to blame your mom for not paying for your college? If your old enough to be in college then you're old enough to pay your own bills! I feel sorry for your mother having a spoild child like you!

he's blaming his mum for not informing to him what happened.

smooth_fml 0

you spoiled little brat... "I got screwed over financially because of her" -because of her? really? You ******* went to college because of her... & its only $2,000! grow upp. I can't stand ungrateful people like you.

lol thats my bus number! lol! ahahahahahah. anyways... shes your mother! so she cant pay the bill for YOUR student loan. you went to collage/university you should have the money anyways!

You ungrateful little shit...she raised you, changed your diapers, wiped your little selfish butt for you, cooked for you, cleaned for you...yet you were too lazy to do your own paper work and too lazy to assume responsibility for a loan that helped you out and helped you get your education This is YOUR responsibility. Not her's...so it's time for you to grow up. Parents are only responsible for this kids until the age of 18...make it right, it's your own fault why you got your miserable, pitiful self in this mess. Be grateful, I had to drop out at 17 and work 2 jobs because both of my parents fell ill. Bottom line, GROW UP!

your mother got the loan for you. why should she pay it? it's your loan you ungrateful twit.

She said she'd pay it back, you illiterate *****. Whether or not the OP should've gotten it herself is irrelevant. If someone says they'll do something, they're honour-bound to do it.

While i agree that people are supposed to be honor bound by their words, you would think the thousands of dollars spent to raise the OP would be enough to cut her some slack. i'm just saying....

First of all, How did your mom take out the loan for you? You would have had to sign the promissary notes and agree to the amount thats the only way they can wage garnish you for going into default status. If your mom took out the loan for you she would have taken a parent plus loan out and she would be the one who is wage garnished not you because a parent plus loan is the responsibility of the parent not the student. So for you to be garnished you had to have signed the pnotes which means you knew about the loan. Yes your mom said she would pay it back but did you not open one peice of mail from the Department of education for years? Because I know for a fact that they send out letter apon letter to there borrowers to let them know they are in default status. Plus all the phone calls...but hey think of it this way, at least you are finally getting it paid off with the 15% they are garnishing from you, now other students can get aid for school.

My friend, The woman gave birth to you, raised you and provided for you and you repay her by besmirching her on the internet? unless she's used all that money buying drugs and liquor to support a bad habit, you dont have the right to complain. $2000 is a lot of money I agree, but it is not impossible to pay them off if you hold off of things you dont need for a bit. a little self control is all that's needed here.

Jason_fml 0

YDI for being an ungrateful brat who doesn't want to pay off the loan that allowed you to go to college. You got "screwed over financially" because of her? Big deal. You also got an education because of her. You didn't grow up on the street because of her. You are ALIVE because of her. Grow up. Anyone who says because her mom agreed to it she doesn't have to take any responsibility for herself whatsoever is an idiot. Last year my dad offered to buy me a new drawing tablet for Christmas because he missed my birthday and the plug on my old tablet got messed up so it's unusable. I said he didn't have to, it was no big deal. He said, "Oh no, it's alright, I want to do it." Christmas came, guess what? He didn't buy me a tablet, he had hoped to be able to afford one but he just couldn't do it. Did I bitch and moan because I now had to buy it myself? No, because I understood that even though sometimes people say they will do something they are still only human and may not be able to do so, and since it was something that was for me it should be my responsibility to get it, not his.

Get a job and pay for your own shit. Jeez.. >_> You call that getting screwed financially? You have a lot worse to fear in life my foolish friend