By snow - 22/09/2009 09:12 - Australia

Today, I found my biological father, who I have never met, on facebook and decided to message him. He blocked me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 825
You deserved it 6 782

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awww hun,don't worry ): Maybe he wasn't your father and was just creeped out at your message since it came from a stranger claiming to be his daughter. But if he was your father,then **** him,he's not worth you!

4th He is not your father. The man who raised you is. Better off without him in your life.

Comments

There's a reason he hasn't introduced himself to you yet. Take a hint.

Perhaps he is not legally allowed to talk to you. But that seriously sucks. Good Luck

Hey, he might not actually be your dad. Just look at this exchange: http://www.collegehumor.com/article:1791210 Sometimes people mess up. They think they found the right person when they actually haven't.

I know it sounds mean, but I have to go with both FYL and YDI. He has never met you, and as awful as it sounds, there is no reason to assume he ever wanted to. If you were adopted/raised by your bio mom, there is always the chance that he never wanted kids and wants no relationship or interaction with you. In that situation, it is not surprising at all that he would block you from being able to contact him. I've always found it slightly odd how adoptees go searching for their biological parents. They didn't want you, the folks who raised you did. If they really wanted you back in their lives, I would think they would be the ones making the effort to find you. not the other way around. My mom left my dad when I was about three years old, and I haven't seen him since. Both my brother and I have found him online, and it would be just as easy for him to find us (we have a very rare last name). Neither of us have contacted him, because honestly, if he doesn't give a ****, why should we? He's just some guy who ****** my mom. He had nothing to do with who I have become, and if he doesn't want to be a part of my life, I'm not going to try to force or guilt him into it. If he wants to interact, he can come find me. Too bad I'll tell him to go **** himself if he ever does. ;)

lem0n_fml 0

Careful on what you said about adoptees. A lot of parents DO want their children but give them up for various reasons, financial or other. Some opt for an open adoption and others don't. They don't want to watch their biological child grow up calling someone else "Mommy" or "Daddy." Just because your father doesn't mean shit to you doesn't mean that's how other children feel about the biological parents that they don't know.

Yeah lets all generalize according to your sob story. Don't you judge adoptees for trying to find out where they really came from. I know people who have found their biological dads and mom and are happier than they have ever been.

Agreed. In my case, my biological mom and her family did not want to give me up. But when they looked at it objectively they realized that a single teenage mom who wasn't out of high school might not be the best thing for me. She put me up for adoption because she wanted me to have a family that could provide me with opportunities. She wanted the best for me, so she gave me up, but stayed in contact with my parents, so that if I wanted to contact her I could. Don't assume all adopted children are unwanted by their parents. Giving a child up can haunt a biological parent for quite a while. My biological mom spent over a decade scared I was going to hate her guts for giving her up. I don't think she would have felt that way if she just plain didn't want me.

capthavoc123 0

It really sucks that happened, so I'd call this an FML, but you did sort of ask for it. I mean, he hasn't tried to contact you because he doesn't want to. If you tried to force it by contacting him, I'm not surprised he did something like that. Assuming you really had the right guy, of course.

satanstoystore 0

nothing substantial has changed. right? did he ever seek you out? youre just confirming what you already know: he is a jerk.

Dont feel bad I tried calling my biological fatjer in my teens and he denied having any children. Its ok screw him he shall pay in the after life.

XxLiBZXx425 0

YDI for Facebooking him. You can't see what your father is like on behind a computer screen. Try in actual person next time. #40, no one cares. Good luck trying and contacting him...but its something that you should do in private,not for everyone to publicly see.

I'm sorry, fyl. some father's just never take responsibility for their kids, they're just ******* or i guess may have accidentally knocked up your mother, but still, thats harsh...