By snow - 22/09/2009 09:12 - Australia

Today, I found my biological father, who I have never met, on facebook and decided to message him. He blocked me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 825
You deserved it 6 782

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Awww hun,don't worry ): Maybe he wasn't your father and was just creeped out at your message since it came from a stranger claiming to be his daughter. But if he was your father,then **** him,he's not worth you!

4th He is not your father. The man who raised you is. Better off without him in your life.

Comments

i know how you feel. except my biological father sent me a friend request without a message. sometimes i think biological dads are just total assholes. i'm sorry.

Wow. To all the people telling the OP that she deserved it for going through Facebook, sometimes that's the ONLY way to get in touch with someone. I was adopted and I couldn't find addresses/phone #s/email addresses/etc. for my older half-siblings, but I did eventually find my oldest half-sister on Facebook (and was sure it was her for various factual reasons), so I had to message her through there. Fortunately that situation went a lot better than the OP's, but I'm just trying to say sometimes it's the only method. To the OP - I'm really sorry about your father. That sucks hardcore. I don't know your specific situation but IMHO the least he could have done was respectfully send you a reply saying he didn't want you to contact him (which of course still would have sucked, but is the least you deserve). You never had a choice in the matter and it isn't fair to just block you off completely with no explanation. I hope one day he comes around.

Uhh. Why? I wasn't boohoo-ing about anything. I was just saying I feel bad for the OP. You should probably learn how to read before you try to be clever using incredibly outdated "slams" (and yes, that deserves quotes).

beaniebabe 0

wait you've never met him and expected him to accept your request??

lunaroseemh 0

sounds like my life. i met my father once when i was 11, haven't heard from him since. your father is a jerk, and you don't need him. you were doing ok when you before you contacted him, right? just go back to living the way you were before, and don't let his absence control your emotions. HE's the one missing out on being in your life.

YDI, you've never met him for a reason. It's not your right to contact him.

YDI for thinking that he would want to contact you at all. If he hasn't before now, Facebook won't make him.

Maybe there's a reason you haven't met him and you should just leave it alone.

lem0n_fml 0

lo1337a - Well clearly that's a different situation entirely. I'd be pissed if I was proposed to in any was but in person. But what if the OP doesn't have her fathers number or address or email? Is she supposed to just NOT contact him when she easily can on fb just because it's "inappropriate?" Yes, fb isn't the BEST option, but if it's the ONLY option, I don't blame her.

_Star_Shazar_ 0

That's depressing): And i'm really sorry.. But... FYL!!!!!! That sucks! Bahahaha

Kira_fml 0

I'm sorry but what exactly did you expect? He's not in your life for a reason.