By Anonymous - 27/02/2016 11:17 - United States

Today, I forgot to bring my lunch to work. I got so hungry, I resorted to eating antacid tablets from the medicine cabinet for lunch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 236
You deserved it 6 318

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You can't order something or take a lunch break somewhere? That's really sad OP lol

Comments

I would usually suggest hunting. nothing better than a fresh piece of boar for your office lunch.

I was thinking Bear Grylls. He can always find something to eat without raising medicine cabinets.

I'm just gonna blatantly say that that is retarded.....

I feel like that's quite insulting to mentally handicapped people. I have friends with mental handicaps and they are not as foolish as OP.

Ok I'm sorry in my wording. Instead of saying retarded, I'll say that that was foolish.

So you were so hungry that you thought, "hmm, I'm so hungry, I just think ill have some of this medicine to help fill my empty stomach" then you proceeded to eat medication on your empty stomach? Ya, I'm thinking you just caused way more problems for your stomach than hunger. Wouldn't be surprised if you threw it all up.

I'm gonna put a positive spin on this. Sure, for some reason OP was either starving after missing a single meal and somehow couldn't replace it, BUT some antacid tablets taste pretty good.

GabbyPLluch88 13

not a smart move, but I understand I've been there too

christge1beast 17

This isn't secondary school where people willingly notice and share. Hell, not even in secondary school did people share. Unfortunately, the real world isn't so forgiving.

Or it's called you don't eat lunch for the day. Next time plan ahead with a box of crackers in your desk or something.

Exactly. I usually make sure I have some granola bars or a bag of peanuts or something in my bag, just so I know that I have a snack in case I forget to bring food or I feel like I need a nibble of something between tasks. One of my coworkers keeps a jar of peanut butter and some canned soups in her locker for the same reason.

how could you not skip lunch one day and resort to eating medicine can't you show any restraint??

What a puss. Sometimes I just don't feel like eating lunch so I don't. It's not like you are going to starve to death.

No, but productivity and psychological health will go down the drain as the body goes into a panic mode.

I don't think eating a stack of antacids will help with the productivity here though.