By Nightshade823 - 10/11/2016 19:12 - United States

Today, I finally lost my virginity. I also found out the side effects of my antidepressants: It's hard for me to get it up, and I can't orgasm. When I finally got it up, I went so long, it ended with her saying, "Yeah, you should stop now, I'm numb." FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 338
You deserved it 1 111

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Look at the bright side you didn't pre ejaculate. If you tell the story right you'll be a legend to your friends lol

Comments

Unfortunately anti-depressants tend to do that but any girl worth your time would understand that it isn't your fault. I'm guessing you're on an SSRI which are the most commonly prescribed and are notorious for causing sexual problems. Wellbutrin is one of the only anti-depressants which not only is the least likely to cause these crappy side effects, but some say it can improve orgasms. Ask your doctor about it but regardless best of luck getting better!

Go to your doctor and see if they can change your meds.

That must've been hard to deal with. I feel you man.

Goblin182 26

That was the problem, it wasn't hard.

When I started with antidepressants the doc said it could give erection and ejaculation problems... Then asked if a had a gf. When I said no she just said good and then continued telling me how much I should take and how often.

I initially had that problem when taking celexa. I discovered that by adjusting when I took the medication so that the level was lowest at the time I was likely to want to have sex helped a lot. Your blood level of the medication is lowest just before you take the next dose. Eventually I was able to get off the celexa antidepressant by avoiding some of the things and people that were triggering my depression and by taking two different supplements that help. The first is St John's Wort, but I discovered not all brands are equally active for me - Make sure you can see the color of the herb in the capsules and it is a dark greenish color and not light colored. I found that seemed to correlate to the brands that were effective. Take according to the directions. The second supplement that helped is SAM-e. Take according to the directions. I feel your pain because I was there before.

Yeah, that's a common side effect. Talk to your doctor if it's important to you, and also talk to her if you can :/

Sounds like a job well done to me. But you should probably talk to your doctor about your prescription now that you're sexually active. Could prescribe you something without that side effect perhaps.

If you think the goal is to get your partner's genitals numb you are doing it wrong.

Dude I literally just wish the guy I lost mine to, who was not a virgin by the way, had lasted longer than 3 minutes.... through our entire year long relationship.

Had the same thing happen with me op. Talked to a doctor and got on different meds

When losing my virginity, I was really drunk. I didn't have a problem getting it up but for the life of me I could not finish. I spent over 2 hours going at it with no success. At the end of it, I basically collapsed right on top of her from exhaustion... That is not the story that was told though. "We went for over 2 hours and by the end of it neither of us were able to get up!" technically I'm not lying. I couldn't get up because I was so out cold, and she couldn't get up because I was on top of her.