By me - 21/03/2013 10:25 - United Kingdom - Chichester

Today, I finally got to meet my boyfriend's parents; it turns out that his mum is my therapist. I've just spent an entire morning telling her how confused I am about my sexuality. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 933
You deserved it 6 619

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why are you carrying on with the relationship, taking it to the next level of meeting the family, if you can easily go on for an hour questioning your sexuality? It sounds like you're leading the guy on until you figure yourself out. Maybe stop seeing him, but keep seeing his mom.

maybe if you guys are that serious you should be able to talk to your boyfriend about it too

Comments

Figure who you are first before taking things further with your boyfriend. Maybe talk to him about somethings? It's better than the awkward tension that will build between you two :/

perdix 29

Wow, now you'll get to see if that doctor-patient confidentiality is worth a shit. I believe she can't even acknowledge that she treats you at all. If she doesn't like you for her son, she'll bring you a flannel shirt and convince you to go full-out lesbian.

perdix 29

#39, sorry, Doc, I wasn't thinking straight -- I just had some boobs forcibly jammed in my face against my will! ;) So, was I on track with the confidentiality bit?

mokielove 10

hey she's your therapist, so she can't talk about yall conversation . legally speaking. but if its her son you never know... she could be like son she's in the closet.

We all have our own issues OP. I'm sure a therapist has heard a lot worse.

You'll probably have to change therapists now

She's a therapist, she should understand the line between professional and regular life.

On the plus side, she cannot reveal what you guys have been talking about as it would be unethical. However, it's not really cool that you're with a boy if you're that confused about sexuality, unless he knows about it and doesn't mind

Inciter 33

I think you should talk to your boyfriend and tell him what's going on before his mom does. If he hears it from her, he might not trust you anymore.

I agree. If she's so confused about her sexuality that she needs to see a therapist to deal with it, she should figure that out before she gets in a serious relationship. Otherwise someone's probably going to end up getting hurt.

You couldn't connect the dots.. The fact their last names where the same didn't make you wonder? That would be a priceless, sounds like a Kodak moment..

caysters 12

Not all parents have the same last name as their children. My last name is jones. My moms is Johnson. Ever heard of divorce and remarriage?

RedPillSucks 31

Also, lots of people with the same last name are not related... Dr. Anjali Singh... Meet my boyfriend Rajandra Singh.