By Anonymous - 12/10/2010 05:04 - United States

Today, I finally got the courage to tell the guy I liked how I felt by making him a mix CD. Confident, I gave it to him. After class, I went to the trash can to throw some paper away. I saw my mix CD in the trash. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 241
You deserved it 8 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

darkestnight95 3

if you recycled that paper you never would have seen that.

How would a CD of random songs you think he might like be a good way to say that you like him? You could just, I don't know, say it.

Comments

How does giving someone a mix CD let someone know you have feelings for him? Unless you put mushy love songs on it, but that would be really creepy. and I don't know about you, but I feel odd accepting gifts from people I barely know(just making an assumption there). just TELL him, guys like girls with confidence, or so I hear! YDI for being lame though.

Well, the thought is what counts, but it would be pretty difficult to discern that you're giving the CD to someone to try and tell them how you feel. Would be a bit better to go with something more direct. Or actually be direct. Being direct helps a lot.

TheZarola 10

Just tell him that you like him. Seriously, a mixed CD?

sallen0046 4

With the technology available today, "making" such a thing only shows you've got about a minute and a half on your hands. It's not 1980, and this is not romantic. If you didn't even tell the guy why you made him the cd, why would you expect him to hang on to it if he didn't care for your music? It wasn't a precious commodity, it was a few songs he could find himself (probably for free) on the internet if he ever decided he wanted them. You need to open your mouth and actually say something instead of making silly, juvenile gestures.

It has long been my observation that guys find the same act both attractive and repulsive depending upon the female commiting the act. If a girl he thinks is pretty does something, it's cool and he's happy about it. If a girl he doesn't think is pretty does the exact same thing, it's creepy and he's pissed off about it. I have seen it a thousand times. "Pretty Patty" walks by and says "hi" to a guy and he's in heaven. "Doggie Donna" walks by and say "hi" to the same guy and he's mad that she had the audacity to speak to him. So I think it wasn't the act of making a CD itself that was a turnoff; even if he didn't own a CD player, he would have been happy and flattered if a girl he liked or thought was attactive did it. I say this with great sympathy and empathy, OP, but the problem is that he doesn't like you. If he did, he would have taken anything you gave him and kept it, no matter how trivial or seemingly useless. The fact that he trashed it means you are nothing to him. Move on.

do ppl still have cd players? maybe that's why he threw it away.

Well, most computers are still capable of reading CDs, and I bet that the boy in the FML at least had access to a computer, whether at home/library/school etc.

Xx_jESSii 3

Maybe you should have just told him straight up instead of a CD I don't think that would have gotten the message across the right way.

valpnlh18 0

Hahahaha man. You'll get no where with a guy if you do that.