By Anonymous - 12/10/2010 05:04 - United States

Today, I finally got the courage to tell the guy I liked how I felt by making him a mix CD. Confident, I gave it to him. After class, I went to the trash can to throw some paper away. I saw my mix CD in the trash. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 240
You deserved it 8 193

Same thing different taste

Top comments

darkestnight95 3

if you recycled that paper you never would have seen that.

How would a CD of random songs you think he might like be a good way to say that you like him? You could just, I don't know, say it.

Comments

Too bad he didn't even take the time to listen to it...unless of course you wrote the mix list on the cd and he could see how lame the songs were. Still I give you props for resurrecting what I thought was a dying gesture of love. Albeit a creepy and pathetic gesture of love. Next time OP just say it. Or text it. Isn't that what the kids do these days?

Why yes, that is what we kids do theese days. I dont know what the guy above me is talking about but we just talk and text a girl until the eventual dating.

Blaw023 0

I'm sry but that is a stupid idea. If you watch The Office then you will know how bad that idea actually is. Ydi OP

AG_Lining 0

Well, at least you know how he feels! OP, if someone handed me a mixed CD to tell me their feelings, I will be honest: I would not accept it. I'm not a jerk by any means (my whole account here is to provide optimism), but if the person feels they can't TALK to me, then I won't listen.

AG_Lining 0

You must remember, OP, that giving gifts before you even know if a person has feelings for you sends the message that you've started obsessing. If you don't even know if I like you back and you're already going through the trouble to hand-make (or buy, in some cases) gifts, that's kinda creepy.

Not much of a silver lining but I agree. I have never enjoyed receiving gifts from someone I am not in a relationship with. It's just awkward. As far as courtship gifts go, mix CDs might be the worst. It's rare that two people have the same musical taste and there are few "I want to date you" songs that are not over the top IRL. But I mainly clicked YDI because you didn't see this coming and got butthurt over it. If you are 12 or under, I apologise. Otherwise, you certainly should've known better and now you do. Next time start with "hello".

saragr94 2

awkward... next time just tell him

DrainedOfSanity 4

It probably had his name with swirly hearts all around it with her initials on it. Right. That's not stalker scary at ALL! :P

EvilDave 13

I would hope that young men of today would be real men and not afraid of females in such a way that they would see a CD with their "name with swirly hearts all around it with her initials on it" as "stalker scary". Of course, you would probably think of flowers from an anonymous admirer as "stalker scary".

#40, It can be worse than that - I had a stalker in High School and on TWO occassions she gave me pieces of paper that she wrote all over on both sides with my full name. She thought they would make nice gifts.

EvilDave 13

YDI for not just telling him.

Is he biracial? He may have been offended that you didn't get him a regular CD instead.

Seriously, he probably only has an 8-track player in his trailer.

Kids these days... why can't they just don't anything like this face to face anymore. Even the guys at my school hide it and hide it until the last minute that they like a girl who probably likes him too.