By Anonymous - 17/10/2015 12:29 - Australia - Surry Hills

Today, I finally found out why my new co-worker has been shooting me dirty looks, being rude to me, and generally trying to avoid me. It's because I have blonde hair and blue eyes, and she thinks people like me are Nazis. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 967
You deserved it 1 738

Same thing different taste

Top comments

justcommenting19 19

That is unfortunate, but maybe you can have fun with it if there is no convincing them other wise.

Comments

I am curious on how did you found out. And why she hate nazis

I feel your pain. My mom's dad was an immigrant from Germany. His mom smuggled him and his brother with her to America because he was mandated to join Hitler's Young Army when he turned six, and she wasn't gonna have that. His dad was left behind and killed by the Nazis, so needless to say he has a very low opinion of them. I didn't meet him until i was thirteen. He called me an aryan bitch and said I was the devil's child. My hair is naturally really dark and I have blue eyes, but it was spring so I was outside a lot and the sun streaked my hair with blond. Some people are just really ignorant. Sometimes there is a reason, and some times there isn't. You just can't let it get to you.

Part of my family did the same think smuggling your way out of Germany.

You are automatically considered Aryan if you have blond hair and blue eyes, whether you are a Nazi or not. Surprisingly a lot of people aren't aware of the difference. Maybe it only surprises me because my grandpa was an immigrant, though. **shrugs**

Aryan* but yes pretty sure thats what OP means

The funny thing is that the term "Aryan" is a corruption of the word "Iranian". I guess propagandists and anti-Semites aren't that great at geography....

Nuh-uh. It comes from the Sanskrit for "noble". Though Iranian tribes used it to describe/self name their groups.

To the point that "Iran" is Persian for "Persia", due to the noble roots of the word the name of the country was changed at the suggestion of an Iranian ambassador who happened to become a Nazi.

Yes, it's a Sanskrit word meaning noble. It also refers to an ethnic/geographic region (Iran is the modern spelling and it is derived from the Sanskrit word). I'm not sure about the Iranian ambassador bit, but Arya/Iran has been the name of the region since ancient times (Persia refers to a much larger geographic area). I may have phrased my initial comment badly, but it was German propagandists in the 19th century who co-opted the term, mainly for the "noble" bit. By the time Hitler came around, it had come to mean a person with light skin, blond(e) hair, blue eyes. Anyway, my initial intent was just to point out how corruptive, misleading, and stupid propaganda can be (since the real Aryan race is a far cry from what Hitler envisioned). Linguistics is my degree subject and I so rarely get to talk about it :)

Start speaking German just to mess with her

Start listening to Rammstein in the office

There's so much irony in her being a type-casting bitch.

mds9986 24
Wizardo 33

Needless to say this is out of Mein Kampfort zone so I'll keep it quiet.