By failedparenting - 07/09/2016 16:44 - United States - Bronx

Today, I figured out why I have been feeling so drowsy and lethargic for the past week. My daughter had been slipping sleeping pills into my coffee as payback for taking her phone away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 839
You deserved it 1 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Time to put the hammer down. On her phone. Repeatedly!

Your daughter sounds like she needs to learn some lessons about maturity. I suggest you find a way to deal with this before she steps up her game to something more harmful.

Comments

I assume she's now been grounded till judgment day?

So now she's grounded without a phone right ?

Try slipping her phone into your coffee. See how she enjoys a change of taste.

Keep her phone for an entire year and ground her for a few months from everything else

First step: Have someone, possibly even the police, inform her that you were involved in a serious car accident, and didn't survive. All evidence points to you falling asleep at the wheel, and a tox screen will be performed to check for drugs or alcohol. If that doesn't straighten her ass up immediately, as in a tearful confession, or similar, she needs either incarceration or commitment to a facility. Assuming she did recant, however, she still needs psychological treatment. Her behavior is terrifying, abusive, and dangerous. It must not continue.

That kind of game playing will only make the situation worse.

That's not a game play. That is a demonstration of what could legitimately happen if OP's daughter doesn't quit. Alternately, OP could simply mention in conversation with her daughter that she nearly wrecked. Or that OP had a random drug test at work and may lose her job because she tested positive for drugs.

I like my kids to know the full extent of what they are doing and make them live with the consequences. In our state, medicating someone without their consent is illegal. I would turn the kid in and let them get what they get. They would also never have a phone in my house again.

TatoeBugg 4

My best friend used to make her mom tea with a sleeping pill in it so she'd fall asleep and let us stay up late or wouldn't get up to check on us.

Oh dear OP, I'm sorry that your child is a sociopath (and a dangerous one at that), but don't beat yourself up about it, it has nothing to do with parenting. Find professional help and therapy to help her gain consciousness of her actions and their consequences. Don't take this lightly OP, you could be dead now and she would be convicted of henious premeditated manslaughter..drugging people without their knowledge is a crime! Explain to her that it's not about you trying to scare her into behaving, it's about you not wanting to harbour a criminal. God bless you OP, be safe.