By failedparenting - 07/09/2016 16:44 - United States - Bronx

Today, I figured out why I have been feeling so drowsy and lethargic for the past week. My daughter had been slipping sleeping pills into my coffee as payback for taking her phone away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 839
You deserved it 1 731

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Time to put the hammer down. On her phone. Repeatedly!

Your daughter sounds like she needs to learn some lessons about maturity. I suggest you find a way to deal with this before she steps up her game to something more harmful.

Comments

I am wondering how she has access to such pills?

I'm guessing the OP's daughter is probably a teen. When I was a teen, my mom never kept any medication locked away from me, it was all kept in our easily accessible medicine cabinets. She trusted me though, and I was responsible, she knew I wouldn't touch it, especially if it wasn't mine or something I didn't use. Maybe the OP thought the same thing, she trusted her daughter not to touch the sleeping meds, much less drug her with them. That trust would definitely be gone now though.

I was also never assumed to be a danger to my parents. I had free access to any medication in the house at the age where I was old enough to have a phone because I could be trusted not to drug other family members when they upset me.

How old is your daughter? Does she not realis3 that is dangerous and she could accidentally overdose you? There needs to be a big talk there, that's a crime.

That phone, kill it. Then take everything from here

This has to be one of the most terrifying FMLs I've ever read. I hope she never has a phone till she's 18 and/or moved out! And grounded forever! Sorry OP, I hope the situation gets better and she learns how reckless and dangerous that was.

countryb_cth 38

I read an article a while ago that was about kids getting physically abusive with their parents over their phone being taken away. They act out due to the addiction to the phone. It's actually terrifying that any child would go to such lengths over a phone. As someone else suggested you need to take her to a psychologist, this is not normal behaviour. I wish you luck OP.

As someone that is a teachers assistant while in school to be a teacher, I've seen this happen to teachers too over phones being turned off, turned in for being used in class, or required to put the phones in a box during class. It's actually terrifying.

Cow_Girl_Lilly 24

I hope your talk goes well with her. I also hope she understands how much harm she's putting you through.

Tell her that for each sleeping pill she put in, and for each pill she continues to put in, she has lost another week with her phone.

You should send your daughter to military school. Not only will she be miserable because of it but she would be stuck their till she turns 18 or you cave in and get her. Also smash her phone

crazy_bananas 31

Why is everyone who replied with military school being down voted? I didn't go to a military school and I wish I did, they teach discipline and respect for others especially authority figures. Which by the sound of it, OP's daughter needs it. That and a psychiatrist/counselor, girl is crazy.

It's because the military isn't really known for psychogical care, which she clearly needs more than being screamed at for years. Respect for authority is important, but someone like this needs actual medical help which military school wouldn't really help with. This is the type of thing that serial killers start out with, hurting people they "love".

Not all authority deserves respect though. And I feel like they teach fear more than respect. "Respect" me or be punished. That is not a way to teach someone.

That is crazy!! Get her some mental help, she has no regard for your safety whatsoever!