Part of the furniture

By ripped - 07/09/2016 14:57 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, my cat used my head as a springboard and ripped my earring out with her claw. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 819
You deserved it 1 369

Same thing different taste

Top comments

MEEEEDIC! Did you make the noise that Tom from Tom and Jerry makes when Jerry puts Tom's tail in a mouse trap? OWWWOOOHOHOH!

Comments

MEEEEDIC! Did you make the noise that Tom from Tom and Jerry makes when Jerry puts Tom's tail in a mouse trap? OWWWOOOHOHOH!

My soul is touched. You just used 2 of my favorite shouts.

Maybe your cat wanted your jewelry. Bloody cat burglars...

don't get mad at her op she didn't do it on purrpaws!

I'd be lion if I thought that was a good joke...

12, you have got to be kitten me. It was a grrrrreat joke.

I got a feline this is going to be a long night for OP.

One of the many reasons I don't want a cat

awildwhisper 30

He's training for the Meowlympic dive team next year.

Now you can skip a size or two in gauging...

I'm about 90% sure you're supposed to take jewelry off before you sleep. But only 90%.

#9, you are indeed supposed to take face/neck jewelry out before sleeping (it can get caught in pillows/blankets, which can make earrings rip out, necklaces restrict airflow, etc). However, the original post doesn't specify OP was sleeping, or even in bed. Most cats are perfectly happy to springboard off of sitting or standing people, too.

I'm gonna just live on with my presumption she was sleeping, thank you very much.

I call my cartilage piercings earrings and I can't remove them for 2 years let alone sleep without them

Before anyone says you should have got a dog, well when I was 4 my aunt's dog jumped on me and bit me on the nose, knocking me down. I still loved dogs and was obsessed with dalmatians. I've also been bitten by a cat and had to go to the hospital. That was when I was new to cat ownership and didn't know how to handle them properly. When it comes to animal ownership you have to accept that these things can happen. If you can't handle the claws and the teeth of a dog or a cat, then don't get them. I'm really sorry that happened op, I can only imagine the pain but I hope you didn't take it out on your kitty!