By Anonymous - 22/12/2010 03:25 - United States

Today, I discovered why my house smells like death. Apparently, because of the rain, a whole load of worms crawled into my garage and died. They're everywhere. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 835
You deserved it 2 698

Same thing different taste

Top comments

get some birds to fly in your house and eat them :D

knibbsy 4

You must have killed many creatures in your past. The karma karma karma karma karma chameleon has caught up to you.

Comments

FYLDeep 25

Hose 'em out. No big deal. Not like you Californians have to shovel snow or do something that might require more than a couple minutes of your time.

hose them out? sorry dude no use it's still raining out here in Cali. If we hose them out, not only will the garage get even more wet, more worms would come in.

Us californians don't have time, too busy surfing to work, catching the sun and hanging out with celebrities all day and on our down time we watch arnolds action movies.

gusgus36 5

oh so gross!! that's disgusting. :( sorry op!

Oh my gosh , that's so gross. Use a hose , && blow them away. :x

What? Why were they in your garage? Worms like rain, you usually see a ton of them -outside- when it rains. :S

ummmm no worms don't Like rain take a moment and think...were do worms live....(the ground) were does rain water go after it falls(into the ground) last time I checked worms are land creatures so they can't swim or breath in water so they need to escape the flooding grounds or they will drown in there burros(pardon my spelling and grammar please)

sourgirl101 28

Twistedsoul, please learn your facts before making such statements. No big deal. We all make mistakes.(:

acually that is a fact lol tell me ur thinking of this situation than?

ohthebloodygore 16

29, you'd be wrong. Worms don't drown. They do come out when it's raining or after. The reason they come out is because they mate during this time. Water actually keeps them alive seeing as how they don't have lungs.

ummmm yes they do? grade 11 bio taught me that and if they didn't how would they survive in dry....moist ground? with out lungs? they have hearts so they need a way of getting oxygen to there like 9 hearts yes they can breath through there moist skin I can't recall what it's called for them to do that but they still have lungs

sourgirl101 28

I love it when you're on my side!(: Thank you for answering for me. That's right. Them worms are getting "busy"! Lol

ok? if worms don't drown take a worm put it a cup of water comeback in a few mins and see if it's still moveing...chances are that it will be dead...now why would that be? oh becuse it would have drownd worms are land creatures there not aquatic just saying

I_R_Genius 3

Okay twisted, before I kill myself will you learn how to use proper word structure. it's would've*.

ohthebloodygore 16

Worms have no lungs. Their "breathing" consists of the oxygen in water passing through their skin. This is why worms dry out easily, they need the water to keep them moist. Also worms have 5 hearts. Stop speaking, seriously. Next you're going to be saying worms have eyes. Worms eventually do drown, but can last up to weeks. Stop saying worms are land animals, you idiot. They're annelids. They're considered aquatic annelids since they need water to survive. I study marine biology at uni.

relly? idc about my word structure becuse it's kinda obvious that u know what i'm saying cuz ur correcting it...but ok this is ur way to feal supirrior were alm bullied in high/elementary school so if this is how u vent that's cool just calm down k?

they need moisture not strict water...ever gone fishing? you have to mix the dirt and water just right or in a hour the worm is dead and soggy soooo

and what? were u searching google for 10 minutes to come up with that? to try and act smart?

I_R_Genius 3

Please for the love of god before you type another useless comment learn how to spell. My brain is almost fried just by your spelling and word structure. And trust me, all the other Nazis are going to be on it too.

ohthebloodygore 16

61, once again if you were to put them in a little bit of water... yes, they'd drown quickly, but that's only because they absorbed all the oxygen out of the water. If you put them in the damn ocean they can live up to weeks. When you go fishing you're putting them in a little bit of water. Another thing, if worms do drown why would you keep them alive just for them to be killed instantly in water? You also didn't address my whole comment. I mentioned that their not land animals as you say.

ohthebloodygore 16

63, my apologies for not replying damn fast enough. It's daytime for me. I actually have a life. Like I said before, I study this at university. Must you now insult my intelligence just because you know I'm correct?

than why do they not live in the water?(bodies of water) and if it rains why do they not stay on the water inrichrd ground insted of escape it? and to the fisheing thing of u put just enough water in to moisten the soil they last for days but if u put to mutch they die abd start to discentigrate and get rellly icky

than bring em on I alredy got a freind in rl that's a gramma....grammmer Nazi and I don't care about ur opinions it just amuses me as he calls me I'm a troll 24/7 just cuz iv had brain injuries when I was little wich kinda made me retarded as to say and Im not affected by peoples derogitory comments I laugh at insults...relly I do I find it funny people go out of there way to insult me lol so keeep going boy

ohthebloodygore 16

70, I answered all of this. They don't live in bodies of water because eventually the oxygen would run out. They come out of their burrows to mate not escape the water that supposedly fill up their burrow and drown them as you say. They mate during this time because they don't have enough room in their burrow. So because the ground is wet they have plenty of room plus water to keep them from drying. Once again you're asking what I answered. If you were to just shove them in water, the oxygen would run out hence why you mix. You also never answered my question. Why would you need to keep the worms alive to go fishing just to throw them in the water? Because if what you said was correct as soon as they were thrown in they'd dry, so why put the effort to keep them alive?

bwahahah, awesome... debating over worms, tis the season to be jolly :P

ohthebloodygore 16

70, also there are many worms who live in the sea. :) Soil is just good because it contains the food they need, protects them from sunlight, and it's moist.

emotive_fml 0

Twistedsoul, I hope you realize that you are wasting your time here. You're talking to ohthebloodygore. If you take the time to read her profile, you will see that she doesn't give a f**k about you or your opinion. She is also unlikely to stop correcting you. I doubt she will give up on expressing her opinion over yours anytime soon either. So, Twistedsoul, by all means shut up and move on. No one really wants to read about your pathetic attempts to correct someone who is already right. Although, anyone who does is probably getting a kick out of it and laughing at you.

ohthebloodygore 16

85 a bit late there sis I alredy admited defeat I was getting bord I alredy knew I lost near the beginning and I did read her profile that's why I continued than it just got boreing so I admited defeat cuz I didn't deal like continueing

emotive_fml 0

Anytime. I like your comments. I just couldn't resist after I seen the comment train.

sourgirl101 28

Precious, quick question. Do you know if it's true that if you cut a worm in half, both sides live as two worms? I've always heard that. Wondered if you knew from your studies at Uni.(: *I would google it but you're just as good. Lol

emotive_fml 0

I noticed that... If you look down the page at comment 87 and 90 I said I was late but it didn't post to the right place.

ohthebloodygore 16

Hahaha, SG. I actually like that myth, but no. True some worms can regrow a tail, but it's false. If you were to cut a worm in half the wail would move around for a couple of hours before it completely dies off. If that was true they wouldn't do the whole mating thing, they'd just cut each other. :P

mmmmmkay =p and relly bloody srry for being a dick={ I'm just bord and loney atm = xbox is broken my mom is stuck in Ireland cuz she got snowed in(ikr snow in Ireland WTF) my bf is outa town and I can't sleep so this is how I'm entertaining my self...srry(oh btw I'm not looking for sympathy and that easer a sob story I was just symply stateing why I was being a dick)

Crystiella 0

You people make me sick. It's just grammer and puncuation. It's not like in a real conversitional situation your conversation would go like this "Hi capatalize B Bob exclamataion mark! How are you question mark?". The fact is he's holding his own side. Besides at one point humanity thought the world was flat, wasn't that proved wrong?

ohthebloodygore 16

108, I never did mention his spelling and punctuation. I kept my side the way he did his. Except he did insult me.

sourgirl101 28

Thanks for answering.(: Btw I needed to point out, minus the "A", your name has all the vowels in order. I'm sure you knew that already when you were learning to spell it in grade school. (:

ohthebloodygore 16

Hahaha, I didn't know that since my name is Preciosa.

ohthebloodygore 16

113, you insulted my intelligence by saying I googled. Just because someone knows a lot about something doesn't mean they researched. It's what I study in uni.

Crystiella 0

I've come to a safe,unreasonable as it is, assumption that everyone on here is multiple years older then. Lol

oh...right...ya sorry bout that but I thought I seriously remberd asking my teacher dude person what that thingy was when disceting the worm and he said lungs so idk who to belive..... ahhhhh....but sorry.....

I can't believe I just read that whole thread. I lost 2,457 previously-healthy brain cells from reading that dreck. I hate you all for that, and I hope you're proud of yourselves.

JamieB33 0

worms can drown from rain, that is why you see them outside when it rains.....underground is worse!

ohthebloodygore 16

132, IDIOT. After reading that you still repeat that? Wow. They mate, not drown.

I_R_Genius 3

I'll help you RFG, I have a really nice spot picked out on a 150 acre farm that no one ever goes to. So, I'll come by, pick you up and we can head to the farm.

See #23 which is linked to #1 Well done there, champ.

what? do u got a dead body in this specific spot on this 150 acres? the worms have to be alive to help with the decomp srry

I_R_Genius 3

Sorry for the double post my phone was and still is being gay and wouldn't reply to #1. Sorry, don't hate me now :(.

Too late, my machinations of hatred have already spun into place.

magicstar 0

I know I can't sleep and my bf is outa town and my xbox is messed I got the red ring of death so I got nothing else to do lol

alaaloo_fml_fml 0

Oh no! That's terribly disgusting OP. Pressure hose?

alaaloo_fml_fml 0
soldier4life_88 0

careful with the pressure washer... u hit the mess at the wrong angle and u might get splattered in the face with them... now that'd be disgusting!!!

alaaloo_fml_fml 0

95- Ew right?? Haha maybe just a giant broom then.

soldier4life_88 0

giant broom would work perfectly!!! ha ha

a giant broom would probably smush some of em...than u'd have worm guts on ur flooor....

soldier4life_88 0

and than you'd us the pressure washer to get the rest of them up!! that's what I would do at least!!

alaaloo_fml_fml 0

Maybe we should just not live in moist places where this would happen in the first place haha or.. flamethrower?

soldier4life_88 0

flamethrower will definitely keep the garage dry!! and maybe a little crisp!! lol aww well maybe not living in moist places is probably the best alternative!!!

convictconnie 0

This is basically a higher powers way of saying....." F you and the worms you rolled in on."