By OnPlanetVenus - 04/07/2013 04:41 - United States - Hallam

Spicy
Today, I discovered that when my husband agreed to donate sperm so an infertile friend and his wife could have children, there was nothing "artificial" about the insemination. FML
I agree, your life sucks 71 503
You deserved it 6 150

Same thing different taste

Top comments

_daniellesays_ 10

Then there should no longer be anything "factual" about you two being married.

Chellybelly92 14

Whip his ass. No don't do that. Bad idea. But I'd seriously get a lawyer or a marriage counselor.

Comments

I'm not saying what your husband did was wrong but you have to think, if you're this angry then the other husband is probably pissed too. Especially as he couldn't make a baby and had to let his friend do the job and sleep with his wife. I think you should talk to all of them and talk it out because chances are you're not the only one that's angry.

Right... Talk it over when both the husband and the woman he cheated with are both adulterers... I see that going over smoothly. Also, just HOW is the husband not wrong here? Lol please be joking.

Assume you meant "I'm not saying what your husband did was right" not wrong. And the point of the matter is, neither side needs to be angry, artificial insemination is just that, artificial and done by a doctor, neither partner ever even needs to meet. This is just wrong and obviously going o cause problems. More than likely the other husband assumed the same as this wife.

You need to re-read her post - the insemination procedure was anything but artificial. If it had been then maybe she wouldn't be posting here

The OP's husband lied to her and he cheated. If the OP's husband was going to impregnate her friend the natural way, because it's cheaper than artificial insemination then they should've talked about it.

The only smart response would be to divorce the sucka

threer 30

YDI for being a judgemental bitch. They want children and you don't know how it feels to be unable to bear a child . I agree, he should have ran it through you first, but the way you said that enraged me..

Rosuto_Megami 12

Her husband cheated on her, and you're calling her a judgemental bitch? ....Does anyone else see something wrong with this picture?

threer, what the hell is wrong with you? 'You don't know how it feels to be unable to bear a child'?!!!! So, that excuses the husband cheating on his wife instead of using a turkey baster? The inability of another couple to have a child outweighs the OPs marital vows? You've just assumed that OP is able to have children (nothing in the FML mentions her fertility status), yet somehow, the OP is the 'judgemental bitch'?! The way the OP phrased the FML was remarkably calm, and far more polite than I would have phrased it, had this happened to me. In case you're wondering, your stupidity enraged me.

BriannaMGK 15

Her husband shouldn't have slept with the women in order for him to help! I'm sure OP didn't care if they used his sperm, just not using his penis! I'd be pissed too! There's other ways of going about that then him having sex with her!

37, you make it sound like you've been a cheater before and argue that physical, sexual cheating is not in fact, cheating

DenBriZel 31

#105 that's what I was thinking

threer 30

All this attention. Well, for one, I'm actually quite against cheating. The quotes made it seem humorous and like it didn't spark much, which made it seem rude in my eyes. I'm not going to defend my actions up to some point. They were rather rash, after all. Then again, it's kind of his choice to fertilize someone despite some opinions. As I said, I don't think he should have done it in secret. Nonetheless, they want a child and she can't take it away from them. Infertility is pain.

147, I'm not convinced you understand this FML. The providing sperm part was not a secret- the fact that he had sex with the woman (instead of using 'artificial' methods) was, and that is what the FML is about. You're also contradicting yourself; first saying you're against cheating, then saying that it's 'his choice to fertilize someone despite some opinions'- I think his wife's opinion is pretty damn important, don't you? Your second to last sentence is also nonsensical- 'they want a child and she can't take it away from them'? How does that even make sense? Is she attempting to take the child away from them? Of course not. 'Infertility is pain'. Sure, it is to a lot of people. But you suck it up and deal with it. Before you start on about how people don't understand how much it hurts to not have a child, bear in mind that I'm infertile. I would have a hell of a lot to say if my husband decided to have sex with someone else so he could have a child (without discussing it with me). The fact that someone's partner is infertile does not give them the right to sleep with someone else's partner, despite what you apparently think.

Well OP, apparently your husband is a firm believer of the saying "if you want something done right, do it yourself"

jw90 18

Well he's a jerk. Time to search for a new husband I think.

If she gets pregnant he saved them a hell lot of cash. What was the reaction of the friend, did he know about this?

kewpiesuicide 29

You can do it with t turkey baster. I think OP would have chipped in the $3 for that