Silver linings

By see lie - 31/07/2019 16:00

Today, we recently found out I'm infertile, and I thought we were both devastated, until my partner posted a drunk video to Facebook, basically celebrating that we will never have, "crying, nappy-shitting, soul-sucking, bank account-draining little sods." FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 268
You deserved it 384

Same thing different taste

Top comments

In software terms, your partner thinks your infertility is not a bug, it’s a feature!

Sounds like you may have been pressuring him into accepting the idea of kids, and he was too scared of losing you to fight for what he wanted, then the relief he felt on getting freed of his anticipated "life sentence" just exploded out of him. Don't demonize him for having his own wants and needs and emotions, he's allowed. The only thing you can really blame him for is failure to communicate honestly before now, but that's often a "both of you" thing, not just a "him" thing.

Comments

😥 I think he may be grieving in a very masculine and pretty stupid way - he may under the drunken bs be saying that he loves you and will stay with you no matter what.

WeirdUS 29

Really? That's reaching. Hiding your emotion is one thing drunkenly doing a video is something else. You confuse the two how?

The guy was given a lemon he didn't want - so he made lemonade. what part of that is beyond your limited capability of understanding?

lmao yea ladies having to listen to your partner celebrate your infertility might just be his toxic masculinity speaking, please just take it and ignore your own feelings because it probably means he loves you and that obviously excuses everything. What a bunch of crap.

Well Henry and you both have points. I don't think its as far-fetched though. OP doesn't seem married, Partner could either mean Male or Female (Sperm Banking it) and the partner went along with trying for a kid because they love OP. Now, You need to realize, people get pressured to "Have a Kid" all the time in a relationship, so even if one person doesn't want one, they just go along with it and deal. OP's Partner is a total asshole in the way he/she brought it up, and how he/she handled it; Posting that video even while drunk! People do stupid shit all the time. OP and Partner will (and probably already have) talked about it and their future together, as it also ruined the possibility of OP being able to adopt with said Partner. I feel bad for both, especially OP for being mislead for so long! Don't keep secrets! Communication!!

In software terms, your partner thinks your infertility is not a bug, it’s a feature!

Well, he's right. Besides, the #1 way to reduce your carbon load on the planet is to not procreate.

he isnt wrong... those little ***** have a huge carbon footprint. and a huge footprint on your life.

Susan Yee 9

On the bright side, he’s celebrating it instead of divorcing you because you can’t have biological kids?

Sounds like you may have been pressuring him into accepting the idea of kids, and he was too scared of losing you to fight for what he wanted, then the relief he felt on getting freed of his anticipated "life sentence" just exploded out of him. Don't demonize him for having his own wants and needs and emotions, he's allowed. The only thing you can really blame him for is failure to communicate honestly before now, but that's often a "both of you" thing, not just a "him" thing.

Helmut Arias Rodriguez 21
Nhayaa 21
Mathalamus 24