By Anonymous - 26/04/2012 04:36 - United States - Honolulu

Today, I discovered that my daughter refuses to eat, but not because she's anorexic. Apparently, her health class has learned about the digestive system and now she refuses to "take part in something so gross." FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 960
You deserved it 2 693

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Just wait until she's older and they talk about sex.

jerseyboy732 16

give her a couple days. she will eat eventually

Comments

obviousboy 8

Well, let her... Darwin predicted this: Only the fit will survive. If she can't accept real-life facts, then she doesn't belong in this world. End of story. Extra Note: When she realizes she is getting hungry, and asks for something to eat, explain to her how her digestive system will react after having starved for a short period. And be ready to laugh, when she once again refuses :)

I have a feeling that you want people to die and are a mentally crazy individual who enjoys the misery of others. Get help, I don't want psycho's spreading their shit around.

You are right, I do want people to die. Especially those who choose it themself, like this one does. I don't wish misery on anyone, but I'm also not sheltered from reality.

make her watch osmosis jones. just watched it in science class, old enuff to reliaze there isnt a gian city in my body with chris rock as a cop, but if shes like 6 or 7 shed like it, just try it

dont they teach you NOT to become anorexic in health class...

RedPillSucks 31

Schools are barely able to teach kids what they're suppose to do. They have scant time to teach what not to do. I guess they could point to OPs daughter and say "Don't do that!". 'Cause even a bad example can be a teaching moment.

I know I'll probably get thumbed down for this but her announcement could still relate to Anorexia Nervosa. Anorexics will make excuses to not eat or cover up the true reason they are not eating. Don't believe me? Go look up the clinical definition of Anorexia Nervosa and read some case studies. Anorexics often find normal bodily processes repugnant such as digestion, menstruation etc. because of the lack of control of the body(the thing they are trying to control) it represents as well. Not saying OP's daughter has an eating disorder, just that in some cases, announcements such as that are eating disorder related.

It sounds like OP's daughter is young (if she'd just now learning about digestion) but that doesn't mean she can't develop anorexia. I started with anorexia tendencies when I was like 9 or 10. Sadly I screwed up my body with it. I really think you're right. It could be anorexia creeping in. If this doesn't blow over soon, OP, take her to a psychiatrist.

er1nann1 0

Show her pictures of what people look like right before they starve to death. SHE WILL CHANGE HER MIND.

rachelongaku 9

OMG! Make her eat or it might turn into anorexia! Some people's eating disorders start out that way.

flockz 19

at least you know she'll never have sex.