By Babs - 02/01/2014 13:17 - United States - Rancho Cucamonga

Today, I did a bike ride and run with a gent I'm serious about. On the run, I had a big lead until he passed me up saying, "I'm going to marry you." Puzzled that he would propose and then sprint away leaving me trailing, he clarified at the finish. His words: "I'm going to bury you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 281
You deserved it 5 383

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fooltemptress 36

There are many that would argue marriage and a funeral are roughly the same thing.

#3: Are you kidding? When I race a girl, I make sure she loses. That way I get to show off my physical athleticism and can comfort her after her loss. It's a win-win. At least, it's what I would do if I ever got the chance. *weeps*

Comments

Get your head in the game and out of the gutter.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

I don't think that thinking a guy is proposing counts as having your head in the gutter...

fooltemptress 36

There are many that would argue marriage and a funeral are roughly the same thing.

Sorry to say, but he must not like you very much. If he were seriously interested, he would have let you win.

that's not totally true, maybe she likes a real competition, I mean I know I do. Not all girls want the guy to play easy for them

#3: Are you kidding? When I race a girl, I make sure she loses. That way I get to show off my physical athleticism and can comfort her after her loss. It's a win-win. At least, it's what I would do if I ever got the chance. *weeps*

It's the gentlemanly thing to do. My apologies if I still believe in chivalry. Either that or it's a sexist joke. I can't remember.

Das_is_gud 11

What, doc bastard got down voted

I hate it when men *let* me win at anything. It's one thing if I beat you at something I'm good at, but don't deliberately and obviously do realy poorly at something I suck at. It insinuates that you think I'm such an immature person that I can't handle losing a silly game.

When I race a girl, I make sure I win. I mean, do you know how many guys would make fun of you for that? A lot. And then afterwards, I could comfort her by going on a date.

#25: Remember to cite me properly next time.

spekledworf 18

I'd never want a guy to let me win. I don't exactly think that's chivalrous, it's embarrassing.

I like to consider myself a southern gentleman, a very chivalrous man, and I would never let the woman win. My wife wouldn't want me to win either

I see that no one can take a joke today. Very well.

I've read a book where if you're mean to her she'll sleep with you.

#34, today is a very serious day. Haven't you heard?

I don't like people letting me win. Once I was playing pool with a guy and I noticed he was letting me win, so I stayed being overwhelmingly sarcastically awful. then he started doing the same. It became a battle of who could lose worse, which was surprisingly fun

39. I just had a mental image of Peter Griffin singing surfin bird by the trashmen.

Upvoted #3 because apparently at least 72 people here are oblivious to sarcasm.

Sorry to say but I really can't understand, someone care to explain step by step what happened. Was s/he shocked that he was going to propose? Gent means gentleman right or just guy? I'm lost...

He didn't say "marry you", he said "bury you" as he was passing her. And a "gent" is a type of talking goat from Namibia.

In Nigeria they arrested a goat for robbery after several people saw it transform from man to goat. Perhaps that was one of these "gents?" :)

Yes she was shocked, shocked enough that he managed to overtake her. Gent is short for gentleman, so im assuming she just means he's a nice guy.

gingaa96 18

To answer your real question. Yes gent means gentleman and she misheard him when he said he was going to bury her.

joeyl2008 29

So this is an FML because you misheard him?

Maybe he changed what he said to throw you off your game? Looks like it worked.

It's possible, but what if OP said it in a pissy way and he tried to play it off as a joke to not have OP pissed. Too bad, it would've been cute if something like "I'll marry you if you beat me" was said :)

perdix 29

If you accept the "til death do you part" bit, they're kinda the same thing.

He wants to tie the knot around your neck.

it was a joke, relax n also hardly a proposal!!!

not really an FML, oh my god you misheard him, nothing bad happened.