By Babs - 02/01/2014 13:17 - United States - Rancho Cucamonga

Today, I did a bike ride and run with a gent I'm serious about. On the run, I had a big lead until he passed me up saying, "I'm going to marry you." Puzzled that he would propose and then sprint away leaving me trailing, he clarified at the finish. His words: "I'm going to bury you." FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 281
You deserved it 5 383

Same thing different taste

Top comments

fooltemptress 36

There are many that would argue marriage and a funeral are roughly the same thing.

#3: Are you kidding? When I race a girl, I make sure she loses. That way I get to show off my physical athleticism and can comfort her after her loss. It's a win-win. At least, it's what I would do if I ever got the chance. *weeps*

Comments

Romance taking a poor second to competition perchance? :)

"Will you marry me? I'll be waiting for your answer at the finish line, see ya soon!"

Wishful thinking, perhaps? Sometimes we hear what we wanna hear, regardless of what is actually said. It kinda makes me wonder about that time a complete stranger hung out of a moving pick up truck's window, proposed to me, and quickly drove away. Maybe he was actually threatening to kill me... Excuse me a moment. *locks front door*

joeyl2008 29

I still don't understand how this was an fml

people only bury people they're very close with .May e he plan to marry you then bury you when you die?... maybe?

"I'm going to marry you" is not a proposal, anyway. It's a statement. I can't say YDI or FYL considering that.

Ouch, invite him to go boxing next time

YDI for jumping to conclusions. ("Gent"? Really?)