By Anonymous - 11/06/2013 16:11 - United States - Barrington

Today, I decided to try wearing eyeshadow, even though I'm not that girly. When I asked for help after several failed attempts, my sister walked in and said, "It's easy, just do what I do." She put the makeup on herself and looked amazing. She's eight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 989
You deserved it 6 848

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Am I the only one wondering why the 8 year old is wearing make up?

Teddzz 19

Comments

Why is an eight-year-old wearing makeup in the first place? That's way too young...I'm tired of seeing girls wearing slutty clothes and wearing caked-on makeup like the only thing they heard on career day is to be a hooker.

No clothes are "slutty". That's something the media and patriarchy have ingrained into society. Clothes are clothes, no matter what size they are. Do not judge lest ye be judged.

Some clothes are definitely slutty - like girls who go out in freezing cold weather wearing a tiny dress that's so short you can see everything, or young girls wearing shirts saying things like "hotter than your girlfriend". However, while girls wearing slutty clothes are maybe looking for attention, that doesn't mean it's an invitation to sex, and 'no means no' no matter what a girl is wearing

I'm tired of seeing assholes who think they can school women on what is and isn't appropriate to wear. If you don't like it, don't look at it.

If a girl wants to wear a short dress in the dead of winter, that is fine. If she wants to wear a heavy coat and boots in the sweltering heat of summer, that's also fine. Fashion police only exist in media.

@34: Looks like the voters are being harsh today. I wonder why people are so unaccepting of others' manner of speech and sense of humour. It's like they vote based on the words you use, rather than the overall meaning. Had you phrased that differently, you may have been voted up instead of down. I guess that's what you get when there are a whole lot of teens on the site that are not really proficient in English and thus, unable to understand figures of speech and simply take offence at the fact that you used the word 'hooker'. Use small words and basic grammar, and leave your sense of humour and 'strong language' at home next time. Write as though you were teaching a bunch of elementary schoolers. Be careful not to offend these sensitive children. The maturity level around here is lower than it should be. ...now I'm probably also going to get voted to hell for what I said here.

And your parents think it's appropriate for an eight-year-old to wear make-up, why?

Dawnstempest 17

Because, and here's a thought... They might not be insane control freaks.

...or they're rich and need to take part in unnecessary spending because they have too much money that they need to rid themselves of.

I don't see the issue with letting little girls wear make-up. As long as they know they don't NEED it to be pretty and they are just doing it for themselves, there is no issue. Its about the parenting, not the make-up itself.

Obey_StudBoii 23

Then have her put it on you instead.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

You have a great sister so don't feel bad. We all have our strengths.

Mamaluigi619 4

wow..... I wasnt aloud to wear makeup until I was 13! and I only wear lipstick not al that blush and stufff

It's just make-up. So what that she's eight? Unless it's somehow toxic to her in some way, I don't see the issue. Just because someone, child or adult, likes make-up doesn't mean they think they're ugly. I know people who flat-out hate make-up and think it's ugly, no matter what kind it is. It's just preference.