By Anonymous - 11/06/2013 16:11 - United States - Barrington

Today, I decided to try wearing eyeshadow, even though I'm not that girly. When I asked for help after several failed attempts, my sister walked in and said, "It's easy, just do what I do." She put the makeup on herself and looked amazing. She's eight. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 989
You deserved it 6 848

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Am I the only one wondering why the 8 year old is wearing make up?

Teddzz 19

Comments

moecroe 7

odd that she does it so well at eight...I don't see any harm in learning from her

olpally 32

Meh, not that big of a deal. Just ask her to teach you. As long as you don't look like meg, you should be fine :)

Makeup only enhances beauty, it doesn't define it. I think you're better off without eyeshadow. Besides, why is an 8 year old even wearing makeup? She's 8!

Why are so many people telling her she doesn't need make-up? If girls wear make-up, it does not mean they are fake or shallow. Don't tell people not to weak make up because they "don't need it." Of course no one needs it, they want it.

I hate it when people say girls don't "need" makeup, because a lot of people DO need it. Or at least, they feel better wearing it. I personally have blotchy skin and some scars on my face from when I fell of my bike as a kid. I LOVE being able to cover that up. Makeup makes my skin tone look even and healthy. Is there really anything wrong with that? It's funny though...when people say that girls look better without makeup, they're usually referring to people who wear minimal makeup. Even those pictures of celebrities "without makeup" usually have some foundation or concealer. That's not to say there aren't girls who look great without makeup. But the point of makeup is indeed to enhance what you already have or to cover flaws, and if you can't tell someone is wearing makeup, that just means they've applied it well. I don't know how many times I've been told I'm lucky for having good skin, when really I'm just wearing really good foundation and concealer.

65, there is a difference between NEEDING to wear makeup and FEELING BETTER wearing makeup. I also have blotchy skin and acne scars, but I don't wear makeup because I don't give a crap. Neither do my students, neither do my supervisors. Makeup doesn't do anything for my self-esteem either way, so I don't feel it's necessary to put any on.

I'm not saying everybody needs to wear it, but if it helps a person's self-esteem then what's the big deal? It really bothers me when people say that only ***** and fake women wear it, or they question why women wear makeup with typical sentences like "women don't need makeup" or "but girls look better without makeup". Like, sure, in a perfect world nobody would wear it and we'd all just accept each other's faults. But unfortunately I (and many women) have shit skin that we don't like showing off. And I think it's great that we have an option to fix that.

Maybe you all need to hear it from a guy, and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying this: I prefer that girls don't wear make-up, or only minimal make-up. Stuff like foundation or concealer is an instant turn-off for me - it's easy to see when someone's skin looks 'too perfect'. I value natural beauty - including its flaws - over a perfect face.

"Maybe you all need to hear it from a guy" It's usually guys who say it. :/

But most of the time it's not even worn for you. It's for the person themselves. Kinda presumptuous saying this, no?

What if the girl is wearing it for other girls. Not all women need men to make them feel like they are beautiful. I don't look good for men, or women. I look good for myself. If someone happens to think I look beautiful with make-up on, then that is just an extra perk.

Don't wear any and start doing more un-'girly' things. In my opinion, there's nothing more attractive than an athletic girl who can separate from the slutty crowd.

You probably don't mean it that way, but it really seems like you're equating 'girly' and 'slutty' here. There's nothing wrong with things that are traditionally considered feminine. Hell, there's nothing wrong with being 'slutty,' as long as you're responsible and you're doing it because *you* want to.

Wtf is a rimmel? Hmmm must be a female thing.,,

It's a brand of makeup. I favor Sephora, myself. :)

Well, 'slutty' didn't apply to all 'girly' types, it was an extreme sort of example.

# 15/80: I up-voted you because I actually understood what you meant by that. ...Some people just take things way too seriously. And yes, girls that are more unique / different from the masses are definitely more attractive.

MissCharlotte_fml 26

So, Girly = Slutty according to you. I guess that means my 5 year old niece is a **** because she loves dressing like a princess. Great logic.

kingsley_fml 8

Oh no, your little sister is talented at something! Your life is over.

That's okay, OP. Makeup isn't for everyone. It's not a priority for living your life. Your sister sounds cute! :3

Understand perfectly OP, same thing happened between me and my younger sister. It is awkward at age 18 to be shown by your 12 year old sister how to wear make up! :P

Steady hands. She must have practiced with crayons and her colouring book. Also some people look better than others when it comes to make up. I try to do that sexy smokey eye look but end up looking like a raccoon instead.):