Side effects

By Anonymous - 11/06/2013 18:41 - United States - Barrington

Today, I went to get an HPV vaccine after being convinced to by my mom. I stayed in the waiting room afterwards, because the vaccine has the possible side-effect of causing fainting. I didn't faint; instead, I spent the next 15 minutes giggling uncontrollably like a psycho. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 958
You deserved it 5 668

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd much rather giggle like a psycho than faint, personally..

Uncontrollable laughter and no HPV virus...seems like a win win for me!

Comments

Well I screwed that joke up down vote me to hell.

Ahahaha, to be honest your version sounds a lot more funny.

Well thanks Pleonasm that means a lot coming from you.

i think you redeemed yourself with the 2nd comment lol

It's all ***** and giggles until somebody giggles and *****...

Sorry I posted that twice. Damn app was showing that it hasn't posted!

Ha! I always love a good 15 minutes of laughing.

I'd much rather giggle like a psycho than faint, personally..

It sounds like the best side-effect ever!

That sounds like an awesome side-effect tbh. We were told that diarrhea was one of the side-effects. Guess who was lucky enough to get that one? :(

tjv3 10

Maybe I need one I need that side effect I'm stopped up something fierce

This made me uncontrollably giggle like a psycho.

Normally when I get vaccines my arm is dead after; I'd much rather have a fifteen minute giggle fit.

O.o how is this an fml? YDI for not being able to take things seriously.

Uncontrollable laughter and no HPV virus...seems like a win win for me!

I can't help but wonder though, why a vaccine would affect someone like that.

ise3 10

I can't help but to wonder. Why would you need convincing to get a vaccine? HPV gives you cancer doesn't it? Scary scary.

@28 because it is rumored to cause health problems is why.

I know someone who was put into the hospital for at least a week bc of the HPV vaccine. For some people the risk of contracting HPV and the cancer it can cause is very low and it's not worth the possible side effects of the vaccine.

Agree. Plus the hpv vaccine only protects against a few strains, when in reality there's hundreds (or thousands) of different strains of hpv.

But it protects against the four most common strands.

'Rumoured to cause health problems'?? Facts, not rumours, are what's important. And that's complete bullshit.

Also, not all of the strains are cancer causing.

zeep92 18

It's so easy to use facts to help your case when they support what you want. It protects you against (some but not all) cervical cancers, anal cancers, vaginal cancers, vulvar cancers, a variety of oral cancers and genital warts as well. Side effects suck, yes. Myself? I got rash on my arms. But I ended up getting all three anyway. With everything having the potential to give you cancer these days, I wasn't willing to take that risk.

ise3 10

I mean the cdc says its safe. Although they do say that it's not as cost effective for men and women over the age of 26. (Just did some research)

I think she just means compared to other vaccines. I had the three series shots too and they definitely hurt more than any other vaccine I've gotten. (Not saying at all that I wouldn't get it just because of that, the benefits far outweigh the risks).

I fainted on the second shot. I was wearing a skirt, so when the doctor lifted up my legs to regulate blood flow back to my brain, everyone got to see. Now the guy who administers shots is afraid of me.

Vaccine!? Now the government can read your thoughts and track your every move!

As well as giving yew the Assburgers N' the Oretiss'm! Dun wan mah kid gettin' the Oretiss'm!

I still can't figure out what the **** "Oretiss'm" is supposed to be.

well if I'm the one who has to guess, I think he means aspergers syndrome and autism. the rest is just chicken shit

hippo1234 19

With that comment, I call to order this weeks meeting of the Tinfoil Hat Club.