By Rainbow92 - 19/08/2009 23:43 - Bulgaria

Today, I decided I need help, so I confessed to my mother that I'm bulimic. After she looked it up online she started screaming at me for "Wasting food that I'm not paying for." FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 031
You deserved it 11 437

Same thing different taste

Top comments

OP, I'm sorry 90% of the people in this thread are being assholes. I'm a recovering bulimic myself and I know how hard it can be. If your mom doesn't understand, please seek therapy so you have someone to listen to you and help you through these difficult times. And to everyone giving her crap for "wasting food middle Eastern kids could eat," it's not as though she's physically stealing food from underprivileged. Her not throwing up her pizza isn't going to buy one for a refugee camp. If you're so concerned about starvation, donate food or money or time to charities helping them instead of sitting around mocking someone on the internet. You might think you're Mother Theresa, but bitching on FML isn't putting food on anybody's plate.

Lame. That sucks that your mother did not react how you needed her to. I hope she comes to be more supportive. I wish you the best in your recovery.

Comments

HMM. my step sister suffered for many years from bulemia, but on the other hand op's mom sorta has a point. it kinda does waste food. im only saying this because it literally does, but i am not taking into account how serious the disorder is and how hurtful it may sound. :/

Well, in Bulgaria, having food on the table is a hard thing so YDI for puking it all back up. I ebasi srama bre, teia kiufteta otivat po diavolite vmesto da si gi hapne niakoi sladko sladko. Ako ne gi iskash, prashtai mi gi v Kanada xD

lol, you took the words outta my mouth!!

Bulimia, Anorexia, and EDNOS are serious, and shouldn't be laughed at. It isn't the OP's fault. Eating disorders are psychological disorders and it takes a lot of hard work, time, dedication, a loving & supportive family/friends, and a professional to treat it. I would know. I've suffered from both Anorexia and Bulimia at different stages in my life.

Daddys_Defect 0

All these people who are being assholes don't know what going through an eating disorder is like. They are just so miserable in their own pathetic lives that it makes them feel better to say mean things to people. But remember, they are probably pathetic fat ugly losers who sit behind their computer all day playing games and setting up fake accounts on chat sites to hook up with girls they will never meet but always dream about. You are beautiful the way you are. Remember that. You don't need to change anything for anyone. Be persistent if you are serious about needing help. Download info off the web about WHY people have eating disorders and give it to your mom. Make it clear that you want to stop being bulimic. It will take a while for her to understand. Turst me. I've had to deal with it for 3 years. Don't give up, and don't let anyone get you down. You can do it.

YouDontFuckWith 0

Stop wasting food **** or ill eat you...out

Kat125 0

good luck with recovery :) it must have taken alot to tell your mom that, so props for that! its sucks she reacted like that though, I hope everything works out

I came out as Bulimic 2 years ago, 'recovered' and am 'relapsing'. whatever. I have been puking up everything (almost EVERYTHING) I have eaten since 2001. I am 24. Good luck to you, and I hope all goes well with your recovery. It sucks, and it will be one of the most difficult thing u'll have to do. Again, good luck.

britnisima 0

I am currently dealing with the same thing. I applaud you on your decision to get help because its harder than a lot of you people know.

gigi89paris 0

rape happens to people , molestation happens to people, death, unimaginable stress and hardships break people and the only way they find relief from such catastrophic pain, is to hurt themselves in another way. it doesn't make sense but it makes them feel better.