By Anonymous - 14/07/2009 18:10 - United States

Today, I checked the facebook event page that I had set up for my 21st birthday at an awesome restaurant/bar which I had set up a week ago. Out of 39 invitees, the only person who said yes is my boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 451
You deserved it 5 565

Same thing different taste

Top comments

deja54 0

Facebook is not an acceptable way of personally inviting people to an important event.

um, well at least your boyfriend is coming :)

Comments

Um... Or maybe you could actually talk to people? Like interact with them in real life?

As much as it sucks, I still think it's great that he did, even if he's the only one there, it shows he's happy and by your side. Congrats on having someone who cares!

Jessaly_fml 0

Just call them all, really. I didn't actually hit "attend" for my friend's party until the day before. And she had it there for a good three weeks. Some people (like me) are just lazy when it comes to this shit.

letitbe56 0

There are a couple problems with facebook. One is that some people don't check it that often. Another is that sometimes people get so many event invites that they never look at them. And, as other people have pointed out, it's kind of impersonal. I only use facebook events if I'm organizing an event for more than fifty people and I want word to get around, but even then it's in addition to other notices (like e-mails, posters, etc.) Otherwise, I'll send a mass e-mail or a mass facebook message to everyone, and call the people that I REALLY want to come. Also, if it's during the summer, some people will need MUCH more than a week's notice. I would send out an e-mail to everyone a month or so beforehand and get a sense of when the most people are available, let everyone know what date you decide on, and then send a reminder a few days before the event. I know that sounds like a lot of e-mails, but if these people are really your friends, they won't care too much because they'll be excited that you're planning this. Alternatively, you could collaborate on finding a good date with your closest friends, and THEN send an e-mail to everyone you're inviting. Anyway, I know no one's going to read all that. Long story short, a facebook event is a pretty unreliable way of inviting people to a party. So, FYL, because it's sad not to be able to be with your friends, but you also should have known better.

srhmldndo 0

Dude, call people or send cards. I ignore FaceBook event invites because I don't take them seriously. It's just another one of those stupid things that just randomly show up on the side. I never pay attention to those things. That's probably why no one accepted. Duh...

icertainlysuck 0

get over it! At least someone is coming. Mabey you could make this romantic for the two of you.

oh ya #8 because im sure that that FML would get so much sympathy, i can see the comments by the ruthless people on this site who are perfect and someone deserves to be burned at the stake for making an honest mistake 'you superficial SOB, who cares if she has no friends, you don't deserve her, go to hell!'