By Anonymous - 14/07/2009 18:10 - United States

Today, I checked the facebook event page that I had set up for my 21st birthday at an awesome restaurant/bar which I had set up a week ago. Out of 39 invitees, the only person who said yes is my boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 451
You deserved it 5 565

Same thing different taste

Top comments

deja54 0

Facebook is not an acceptable way of personally inviting people to an important event.

um, well at least your boyfriend is coming :)

Comments

AllJustAJokeToMe 0

At least you have a boyfriend who cares enough to come! That's real dedication.

v1adimirr 0

Hes a good boyfriend, hold on to him ;)

you guys should invite everybody you know and charge them admission to get in. make some money for yourself

Creeping_Shadows 0

Thats sweet, make it a romantic date. The hell with everyone else if he cartes tht much hes the onkly one tht matters.

bollywood_rocks 0

That's actually illegal in some states in the USA. They may need a license or pray their friends aren't blabbermouths

I agree with this - a week isn't a lot of notice. Also, as has been said, some people use Facebook a lot, and some people don't...and it's up to the OP to know who is in which category and invite them via the appropriate medium. I've also discovered that with events that involve RSVPing, many people show up but don't RSVP, and vice versa. Finally, are your friends all 21 and able to get into a bar? Do they all have the disposable income to go to this particular one? That being said, I've no reason to assume that you didn't consider all of this - FYL.

Ouuuchh. At least your boyfriend is coming! But why don't you try inviting pyour friends via phone? Maybe people haven't checked their facebooks in a while.

ilovewine 0

maybe your friends gave up on you because you only hang out with your boyfriend?

I'm not exactly sure how this is a FML. I mean your bf is coming... doesn't that tell you something?

islaphippos 0

you should have called everyone ************

don't feel bad my 21st was the same way.

poopsicle22 0

Why would she call them all ************? I think they'd be even less likely to go to the party if she did that.

s_v_v_b 0

I think they mean "you should have called everyone, ************." As in, the OP is the ************.