By Anonymous - 14/07/2009 18:10 - United States

Today, I checked the facebook event page that I had set up for my 21st birthday at an awesome restaurant/bar which I had set up a week ago. Out of 39 invitees, the only person who said yes is my boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 451
You deserved it 5 565

Same thing different taste

Top comments

deja54 0

Facebook is not an acceptable way of personally inviting people to an important event.

um, well at least your boyfriend is coming :)

Comments

Maybe you forgot to make sure it got published to all your friends? I don't check people's pages, because I generally don't know they have them. You have to actually send it out to people. And yeah, a week is pretty short notice. It's not like you JUST found out you're turning 21 that day.

You may be spending too much time with BoyFriend. Give him a rest. Spend some time with other friends if you want them to care about you.

dinosaursmoo 0

WHAT?! HOW?! WHY?! Do /I/ die too?

jewelzgalore 0

well at least your bf cares!

YDI, You probably neglect your friends, if they don't wanna reply. And an event on facebook for your 21st, really? Why don't you call them up?

how old are u?? you know how many people my oage (20ish) actually do this on facebook??? ALOT!

bollywood_rocks 0

I just went to a bridal shower where half of the bride's friends didn't know about it because they were not on Facebook. Facebook is a blessing and it saved the girl money on printing invitations and postage.

Scale it down. You shouldn't have to throw your own party.

Divine_MrsM 0

Inviting people to come and spend money to fete you is a strategy that pretty much never works in real life. Mix in only inviting folks to do this a week or two in advance, & you're begging for failure.

sondramcfail 0

u must have picked a very very bad day.. it has hqppened to me before.. but look on the bright side of things.. u will at the very least have a great dinner with ur b/f