By Busted - 31/12/2009 20:52 - Mexico

Today, I canceled my ATM card, because it had been lost. Then I found it. Then I found out I can't reactivate it, because I asked for a replacement card. I'm from CA, and I'm in Mexico with only 20 bucks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 236
You deserved it 8 586

Same thing different taste

Top comments

bugmenot1 1

You are in Mexico with 20 USD...What's the problem with living like a king?

i guess you'll just have to sell your body. probably won't be a problem.

Comments

dspadres 0

American Express travelers checks ftw! You shouldn't deal with plastic or real cash while traveling, especially in swine flu central.

Update: OP spent her $20 at a net cafe so she could post on fml and she 's now totally broke.

$20 in Mexico? What are complaining about? You're rich!

Get to an embassy and call a friend or family member for help. It really isn't that big of a problem, you'll be fine.

WeanedOnMethane 0

haha man in mexico 20 dollars is plentya moneyyy.

this happened to me! they never got my payment, so they suspended my card. the 800 number is only good for the states. so I had to run up a phone bill from my hotel phone. they said they could take a payment over the phone, but my checkbook was 3000 miles away in Maine. they finally let me charge $100 to pay the hotel's phone. I cancelled the card the moment I got home. so see? you are not alone.

transcedental 18

poor little thing ... FYL indeed, and i wish you best of luck :/

FHGrif 0

why did you only carry one card with you??? if you were smart you would at least have a spare or credit card or emergency cash

U have 20 bucks and ur worried about having enough to come back home... but u also have a computer???

Yarrachel 16

You know you can use FML on your phone, right?

dudeitsdanny 9

When from a phone, it would probably show up as from the US. Or France, if it can't locate it.