By Notthatone - 21/04/2015 23:00 - United States - Madison

Spicy
Today, I came out as bisexual to my 17-year-old sister. She was quiet for a second, then told me she knows for sure I only have "girl parts". I had to explain to her the difference between being bi and being a hermaphrodite. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 475
You deserved it 4 026

Same thing different taste

Top comments

It's actually brilliant because you were able to explain it to her before any prejudices could reach her.

This is why we need to update sex education in schools.

Comments

What on earth are they teaching in schools these days? Good luck OP.

Not any sort of good sex or relationship education clearly.

To be honest, not a lot of teachers know this stuff. I just had to arrange a professional development on LGBTQ awareness for the staff at my school because our principal told one of our transgender students there was psychological help available for their "disorder". What I found out my fellow teachers don't know about the subject was frightening.

They're not. Sex Ed classes are either non existent or spread false information. There also needs to be discussions about safe sex and sex in general with the LGBTA community.

Is your sister dumb or something? I mean nowadays even 10yrs kids know what's bisexual and shit. Anyways it's good that you explained her.

MzZombicidal 36

Well she was obviously misinformed. This is exactly why we need sex education. There are adults nowadays who are STILL confused about reproduction.

#14 Exactly, I once had to inform my mother that you don't carry babies inside your stomach, that's just for digesting food. She thought the womb was inside the stomach and I had to explain that if that was the case you'd digest it.

Is your sister dumb or something? I mean nowadays even 10yrs kids know what's bisexual and shit. Anyways it's good that you explained her.

I'm sorry but I feel bad for bisexuals. They have no pleasure in life.

On the contrary, it's double the pleasure.

I can see how it could be confusing. I mean, one means that you'd like to experience the bits of both genders, while the other means that you do have the bits of both :P

Agreed. It kind of seems like a hermaphrodite or "intersex," as the kids call them now days, could really be the best option for a bi-sexual person... If you like both, here's both wrapped up in one package. A buffet of both B's and P's if you will.

ordon 14

Intersex doesn't mean you magically have a whole vag and peen lol.

28 - correct me if im wrong, but being bi doesnt nessisarily nean you like someone with both parts, just both parts individually.

60: Bi +liking both parts technically equals pansexual. That said, a lot of people have different views on that. I personally consider them both to be the same thing, but that's just me.

CaroAurelia 12

You don't know much about bisexuality, do you?

It's not intersex. It's ambiguous genitalia, which means it can't be determined, by sight, which sex the child/person is. Blood tests are done to determine which. Followed by ultrasounds and other scans to make sure the inner parts are in working order. Intersex is insulting to those who actually have ambiguous genitalia. They are not in between sexes, they are either male or female. And for the record, I know a woman with ambiguous genitalia who is a lesbian, but visually she looks like a man, even though she isn't. She still refers to herself as a a gay female, because she is a female hormonally.

poppunkette 22

I applaud you for coming out its never easy xo

Clearly she's uninformed and limited in her knowledge. But on the bright side she was supportive of you and that goes along way. Lack of understanding is far better than ignorance

MzZombicidal 36

That literally doesn't matter though? Lol. Not everyone learns the same information throughout their life. It's not her fault she didn't know.