By goldfish - 06/03/2012 02:47 - Canada

Today, I came home to an eviction notice after an apartment inspection. The reason? Having an unauthorized pet that could cause unnecessary damage to my suite. My pet is a goldfish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 144
You deserved it 3 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Magikarp uses splash! It was super effective

zingline89 18

Well, Nemo and his friends did make quite a mess of the dentist office when he tried to escape. Could happen.

Comments

starman02 12

Damn those goldfish and the damage they cause!

mrtjawesome 14

lol that is a sad excuse for eviction

Unauthorized is unauthorized. Your fault.

Joking aside, what kind of damage will a God damn goldfish do to be worthy of getting evicted?

starman02 12

I completely disagree.. A fish should not ( and most places they do not ) even qualify as a "pet".

Lots of apartments don't allow fishtanks in fear of water damage. Some allow you to have them with an additional deposit or having rental insurance.

MerrikBarbarian 9

Ever had a 50 gallon fish tank break? Also any tank over 10 gallons should have floor reinforcements under it or it can damage the floor and support beams. Fish also raise humidity which can lead to mold issues. Even if goldfish is small right now, land lord is thinking ahead. Goldfish get huge.

The inspector is probably just jealous you have a goldfish..

Goldfish can be dangerous have you not seen that episode in South Park when Stan gets a crazy fish???

Tweekz14 5

Well it could splash water on your walls if it decides to get wild

Wait...an after inspection? Were you in the Suite when that happened? Because what I know about Canadian Law that I have taken in school. The landlord or even the Tenant are not allowed to enter your Suite or even Apartment without your consent. They can't nonchalantly walk to your place and inspect the whole area. That is illegal.

TheDrifter 23

They can enter to do an inspection without permission so long as 48 hours written notice is given.

They cant even tell you that your not allowed non menacing pets.

Who can blame him? Goldfish are freakin trouble makers!