By goldfish - 06/03/2012 02:47 - Canada

Today, I came home to an eviction notice after an apartment inspection. The reason? Having an unauthorized pet that could cause unnecessary damage to my suite. My pet is a goldfish. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 144
You deserved it 3 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Magikarp uses splash! It was super effective

zingline89 18

Well, Nemo and his friends did make quite a mess of the dentist office when he tried to escape. Could happen.

Comments

Well, magikarp DOES evolve into a gyarados. :/

damn fish, they're always such trouble makers!! ._.

Evil goldfish can do a lot of damage they never blink I don't trust them.

Don't let that fish fool you! It's going to evolve into the raging red Gyarados.

FMLsOhilarious 6

You're stupid. There was no red gyarados.

HannahWho 8

Red Gyarados (Japanese: あかいギャラドス Red Gyarados) is a term used to refer to a Gyarados that is Shiny, which is red rather than its usual blue. According to the anime, this is due to the forced evolution; the Magikarp it evolves from retains its red color, having no time to change its scale color to blue. Unlike other shiny Pokémon, the red Gyarados's existence is canon in that it is encountered as part of an event in the Generation II games and their remakes.

Wow! You guys really need to get out more often.

There was a red one that you had to catch to keep Team Rocket from catching. I forgot which version of the game it was though.

wlddog 14

What if you force a second change that....... Nvm. I can't go along with this post. I do find the education useful for the next time I want to evolve a fish,,, but for now I must say this conversation has gone way out into left field. For those of you still reading this, I pity you. You clearly need a better hobby. I know I do.

KellyPeterson92 10

I have a red gyarados as part of my team in SoulSilver ^_^

HannahWho 8

It took three seconds to google it. And if Pokemon makes me happy, then so be it. I can have as many virtual fish as I once and no one will kick me out of my mom's basement for it. Can someone pass me the Doritos?

strawberrywine22 30

In most states, fish bowls and aquariums are legally considered furniture and landlords are not allowed to deny them.

Ammi 7

It's actually really common for landlords to disallow filled fish bowls. They don't HAVE to allow any sort of pet unless it is a service animal. (They can't disallow EMPTY ones because those are furniture. Full ones are potential hazards, if fairly rare ones.) Though bowls aren't usually much of a problem, larger aquariums can leak and destroy the floor and even the ceiling below. If you're in violation of your lease, there isn't much you can do. Eviction for a first time offense seems harsh, though. See if you can fix the problem by telling them you'll get rid of the fish--of course, you'll have to follow through, which sucks.

The one who wrote the eviction note is just stupid!

I guess he's afraid that it might leak or break when you change the water, or something :B Since I assume you have a quite large aquarium, considering it's a goldfish you have. Poor thing though that has to be alone.