By kelly - 21/03/2011 07:07 - Estonia

Today, I called my mom to tell her that I'm coming over for a visit. She answered: 'Why? What do you need? Food? Money? I'm not going to help you! You're a grown woman!' And she hung up. I just found out that I'm pregnant and she was the first person I wanted to share it with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 268
You deserved it 4 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dont tell her, and then about a year after the baby is born, go over and see what happens.

Just go over there unannounced and inform her very calmly that you've decided to quit your job to become a lesbian stripper. After she's had her fit, yell "Just kidding! I'm pregnant!" She'll be so happy that she'll forget the whole food and money thing.

Comments

I know which child is growing up without a grandma.

amps_wife 0

dats messed up. call her back n tell her anyway n hang up on her. she'll feel bad an apologize lol

vickilouise 1

YDI anyone consider why her mom thought that in the first place? maybe she would want to visit if she wasn't used to you coming over to sponge off her.

That's not necessarily true though. As someone else already said, it could just be that the OP is distant from her family so the mom finds it strange her child called. She doesn't have to have been a mooch in the past for her mom to assume she wants something now. If they haven't really talked in over a year and then the OP calls her mother out of the blue, the assumption is usually that they need something. However, even if the OP had been calling to mooch something her mother still should have heard her out before essentially slamming the door. This kind of reaction just gives people more of a reason to distance themselves from their families.

Butasko0ch 0

revenge!!! when she needs you desert her lol congrats on the baby

Lubpynk 0

If my mom did that i would let her find out on her own. When she says something tell her you tried to tell her.

coffee_enima 0

you're pregnant? fyl. it looks like you will be in need of both food and money.

YDI if you expected your mum to do everything for you now you're pregnant. FYL if you just wanted to let her know the good news.

call her again and make her feel bad. JK