By kelly - 21/03/2011 07:07 - Estonia

Today, I called my mom to tell her that I'm coming over for a visit. She answered: 'Why? What do you need? Food? Money? I'm not going to help you! You're a grown woman!' And she hung up. I just found out that I'm pregnant and she was the first person I wanted to share it with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 268
You deserved it 4 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dont tell her, and then about a year after the baby is born, go over and see what happens.

Just go over there unannounced and inform her very calmly that you've decided to quit your job to become a lesbian stripper. After she's had her fit, yell "Just kidding! I'm pregnant!" She'll be so happy that she'll forget the whole food and money thing.

Comments

Yeah, sounds like you have been taking advantage of your mom and she finally got fed up with it. Good for her! YDI

RockstarRN 10

Congrats! Now don't tell her and when she wonders why she was the last to know...tell her what happened.

I agree. If she wants to be part of her grandchild's life, she shouldn't be such a bitch. I say OP should cut off all contact with her mom for the entire pregnancy. When she finally finds out and wants to visit the baby, say "What do you want? Food? Money? I'm not going to help you! You're a grown woman!" Best done of she's right at your door, so you can see the look on her face before you slam the door in it.

RedPillSucks 31

Just tell one of her close friends. Eventually she'll find out an call to ask why she wasn't informed. Politely remind her.

Well so much for the whole I'm your mother and I will always be there for you speech we all get when we are kids. Who knows, just tell her anyway and hope for the best.

Whether or not OP is "too young" to have a child or not married, having a kid is a huge thing. It's only right for OP to assume that her mother would want to be a part of that child's life no matter what the situation. Sorry, OP! Maybe send her a birth announcement card after the baby is born, but I wouldn't make a huge effort to tell her if she's so unwilling to be a part of your life.

And for those saying to grow up and stuff, I'm married, have my own house and cars but my and my wife's parents still help us out immensely. Parents don't just become aliens when you turn 18 or at least they shouldn't..

Lalala1996 0

She's probably on her period. But hey... you aren't!

tbonea1990 0

well u shared it with all on here so it mustn't that important

Better cross her off the list of babysitters, then.

crazyin321 0

STOP! We don't know if OP has a husband, or significant other. We don't know if she's in a stable relationship, or if baby was planned. We have no idea if she has a M-I-L to 'fall back on'. We don't know if OP is 'too young' to be a mother, or too immature. We also have NO idea what sort of relationship OP has with her mother, or if she is always mooching. All we know, is that OP is highly emotional, with probably the biggest news of her life, and basically had a door slammed in her face. Stop speculating, and go with the information you are given. Poor OP.