By Crampon - 27/03/2009 19:15 - United States

Today, I called my mom to tell her that I finally got my period. There was an awkward pause. She was at work. I was on speakerphone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 812
You deserved it 25 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why is this something to be excited about? You get to put a huge cloth up your ****** once a month. You don't that period in order for you to be a woman.

Tammerz 0

At least you and your mom are close enough that you feel comfortable sharing that. Think of all the girls out there who don't have good relationships with their mothers, or don't even have mothers.

Comments

Why is this something to be excited about? You get to put a huge cloth up your ****** once a month. You don't that period in order for you to be a woman.

it would really suck if every one in the office was laughing there ass off. more an fml for the mother in any case.

my thoughts exactly. i think its about 'becoming a woman' or something, but i do believe the novelty wears off quite quickly for something like menstration. eh, who am i to judge tho lol.

jrgr 6

it might be because she thought she was pregnant too...just a thought.

diarheea101 11

I'm very close with my mom, and maybe she is with hers. She and both her mom had maybe been anticipating it? IDK?

You dont know the fear of not getting your first period when you're a girl. Its kinda panicky when everyone in your grade has had it and you havent. Its. TERRIFYING. Then weird scenarios go through your head about not having a period ever.

Tammerz 0

At least you and your mom are close enough that you feel comfortable sharing that. Think of all the girls out there who don't have good relationships with their mothers, or don't even have mothers.

I'm so jealous of OP. When I tell my mom about those things, she continuously tells me that I should move out soon and that she wouldn't need to do anything nice for a 'grown up' like me. I'm turning 13 in April.

frdm 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

not getting your period can be a bad thing for many reasons. the fact that she said that she 'finally' got it probably means that it was late. having a late period can mess with your body's hormones and make you feel sick too sometimes. or it might mean that she thought she was pregnant, but her period came, meaning she wasn't pregnant. so that would definitely be something to be excited about. i don't know what her situation is personally, but those could be some options as to why she was happy to get it? that sucks though that everyone heard...awkward.

"Today, I was at work and my daughter called and said 'Mom, I finnally got my period!' it was on speaker phone in my office full of co-workers. FML"

rcloca 10

couldn't have said it better myself

ExtremeEncounter 32

Why the hell is she on speaker phone? That's disrespectful.

fantome_fml 0

#5 I think she meant she got her period for the first time

You can't really make that assumption. OP didn't specify. #5 was just throwing out some reasons OP MIGHT have been exited.

Well, I guess you're not pregnant after all! Woo hoo!

adelaide_evening 0

I think she meant she got her period for her first time. For those of you who don't remember (or who are guys), girls are usually really excited to get their period. After a couple months though, they are left wondering why they ever wished for it in the first place. And it's completely normal to run to your mother to tell her when you do get it for the first time.

I was 14 and even though all my friends had gotten it I didn't want it at all. I felt bad for them for having to deal with it.

scvcwcheer 0

yeah I hated when I did. definitely wasn't excited.

im 13 and still haven't got it but all of my best friends have and they all say I'm rlly lucky I haven't got it yet so I'm scared for when I do get it.

I was 11 when I got mine... It scared the hell out of me lol. Def was way too young to understand the whole menstrual/ovulation thing. Lolol. And for the first few years it was annoying as shit.. And then I switched to tampons.. I dunno what she got all excited for, I def didn't ask for my period nor was I excited for it Lolol

FMLshark 12

128 - Is "definitely" too complicated of a word for you?

I never wanted mine to start and when it did I didn't tell my mother for months.

may_cause_fail 0

Your mom's kind of dumb for putting you on speakerphone without telling you.

CocoaRox 0

I agree and disagree, I agree that her mom shouldn't put her on speaker at work. What if it was a private conversation... Like u got ur period