By kelly - 21/03/2011 07:07 - Estonia

Today, I called my mom to tell her that I'm coming over for a visit. She answered: 'Why? What do you need? Food? Money? I'm not going to help you! You're a grown woman!' And she hung up. I just found out that I'm pregnant and she was the first person I wanted to share it with. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 268
You deserved it 4 771

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Dont tell her, and then about a year after the baby is born, go over and see what happens.

Just go over there unannounced and inform her very calmly that you've decided to quit your job to become a lesbian stripper. After she's had her fit, yell "Just kidding! I'm pregnant!" She'll be so happy that she'll forget the whole food and money thing.

Comments

reddwarf_fml 0

ok I'm guessing past history may have played onto thus. aaaand I'm guessing u are not married. and I'm guessing u were indeed going to tell her u were pregnant and then cry and whine about it. and then expect her to take care of the kid because u need to go out and party some more. am I close.......

vintage12 0

Call her back and tell her you're pregnant and that you wanted her to be the first to know. Yea it means you don't get that special face to face moment where you mom finds out she's going to be a grandmother, hell you may even have to leave a message, but that's on her. That moment ones learns they are going to be a grandmother is special for most people so if she loses that due to her disrespect for you she MAY just treat you with some dignity.

sappy0 5

nah, I'm betting she comes back at OP with pretty much exactly what #166 said... there's got to be a negative pattern goin on there. why would a mother say that to her 'supporting herself' daughter if that daughter hasn't hit her up for money on several occasions in the past??

She sounds like Beny (George Lopez's mother)! FYL

Shouldn't the daddy be the first to know?

That's what u get for trusting ur mother