By Crampon - 27/03/2009 19:15 - United States

Today, I called my mom to tell her that I finally got my period. There was an awkward pause. She was at work. I was on speakerphone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 64 812
You deserved it 25 006

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Why is this something to be excited about? You get to put a huge cloth up your ****** once a month. You don't that period in order for you to be a woman.

Tammerz 0

At least you and your mom are close enough that you feel comfortable sharing that. Think of all the girls out there who don't have good relationships with their mothers, or don't even have mothers.

Comments

#10, several office phones go to speaker phone automatically. And getting your period for the first time is really a pretty exciting thing. A delayed period can cause health problems. Not to mention periods come with puberty, so she'll be experiencing other body changes as well to be excited about.

ciaogirl 0

yeah, mine was twenty days late I was so happy to get it lol

First time i got my period my parents took me out for hibachi so yeah first time was awesome only for that now i cant wait for when i get it over with at the end of the week

and body changes other people will get excited about.

I wasn't excited, I was embarrassed as hell. I didn't tell my mom for months. xD

more details? was this a "im 11 and got my period" or an "i thought i was pregnant but i know i'm not" - if it was the latter - why did you call your mom about it?

lolololcheese 0

I know for sure that it was an "I'm 11 and got my period," guys.

likewhoachea 0

number 15 you don't know that for sure

loveme123 0

Lol after 2 months you'll really be saying FML for ever being excited about it in the first place.

#9, that was exactly what happened to me. I got my period late, around 14/15, and I could not WAIT to get it. I wanted to be part of the sisterhood. And now, I cannot wait for menopause... I totally understand why she would be excited. At least they were adults, and not other kids her age... now that would be really embarassing.

BamxBitch 0

If this is an I'm-not-pregnant period, then yay! But, if this is an, I-got-it-for-the-first-time, then what the hell is wrong with you? Periods suck.

i would be excited bcuz just like #18 said, i couldn't wait to become part of the "sisterhood" and grow up a little. but i kno they suck, but at first its exciting.

Number 19, you don't know for sure that number 16 knows for sure about number 15 not knowing for sure..