By Wowthanks - 05/05/2014 00:13 - United States - Greeley

Today, I asked the girl I like if she had her eye on anyone, subtly hinting that I wanted to date her. I sat there while she confessed her love for her cousin. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 991
You deserved it 6 278

Same thing different taste

Top comments

now you know don't hint, be straight forward.

If there is one thing FML has taught me over the years, it's that any sentence involving any variation of the words "subtle" and "hint" will end terribly and possibly sickeningly.

Comments

This question is incredible ignorant. Google "where is it legal to marry your cousin?" You'll find many states allow it, and they're predominantly "progressive" and northern states.

Who says it's in a state where it's legal? Maybe OPs crush is a rebel

RedPillSucks 31

Not sure why #19 is being downvoted. The statement is absolutely correct.

gingaa96 18

12, you are such an asshat. I'm not from Alabama but how would you like if people constantly made fun of you because of where you live? I'm sick and tired of assholes like you

#68 because #12 was asking a rhetorical question, as a joke. No need for the passive aggressive rant given by #19

#82, my statement was hardly passive aggressive. It was pretty ******* direct, and hardly a rant. Let me put this into perspective, instead of pigeon holing southerners, insert a race into her statement. Now how bigoted and narrow minded is it?

I agree with you about their ignorance, but this is the internet... You can't take things so seriously. Alabama incest jokes will go on for a long time; you just have to deal with them.

Dodged a bullet there. A creepy cousin liking bullet.

strawberrywine22 30

Either she is an absolute nut case, or she knows you are into her and REALLY isn't into you, so she is trying to make you run in the opposite direction. I'd suggest running either way. Better safe than sorry.

I feel dating cousins and relatives is on the rise. And it's actually pretty common in many cultures! I don't know how to feel about it so I'm pretty neutral.

True, though there's no reason for it. Every year we have more and more people on earth, giving wider and wider pills to choose a mate from. It's Not like we're running it of people, so you have no one left but your cousin.

But you feel neutral. So you do have a feeling about it.

Or maybe she knew what you were doing, didn't like it, and decided to mess with you? Sounds likely, most girls like it when guys are just straight forward.

Axel5238 29

Agreed, some subtlety isn't bad though really depends what the OP thinks a subtle hint is. Some people hints are do really clue the person in and they get sad when it isn't noticed. They if she doesn't see anything wrong with dating her cousin OP you dogged a bullet.

Guess it's time to play Reverse Cyrano.

PassiveAggresive 12

This is one way of how to lose a guy in ten minutes.