By chao - 22/12/2009 02:47 - United States

Today, I asked my girlfriend what she thought of us getting married some day. She said she wasn't sure about me yet and that we may want to go in different directions soon. We've been dating for three years and I had the ring in my pocket at the moment. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 230
You deserved it 3 864

Same thing different taste

Top comments

YayAmerica 0

In retrospect, perhaps you should've asked her that question a while back. At least BEFORE you bought the ring.

Well, no kidding. People can be really dumb--you should always talk to her about marriage before because you may think that your relationship is TOTALLY different than she thinks it is. Me? I was jokingly chatting with my boyfriend about marriage years before we did it, and I went to pick out my ring with him, so he knew I would say yes and I wouldn't have any second thoughts.

Comments

davek 36

She's looking around for better.

YayAmerica 0

Or she's already found and enjoying it.

scrtNinja 0

yeah that would be a sad addition. :(

get out your compass and get a new direction now. it's just a matter of time.

Hermyoni 0

If a woman by the first year isn't certain then she's prob just dating you until something else comes along. Fyl but I'd just dump her now and sell the ring. Hopefully you at least had a happy 3 years.

I wasn't sure I wanted to marry my husband at the end of our first year of dating. It took me almost 2 years to be OK with it. It doesn't mean a girl is looking for the next thing to come along if it takes her more than 12 short months to decide to spend her life with someone. I've been with my husband for nearly 6 years and married for nearly 2 of those. And guess what? I've never looked for something better to come along. It just took me 2 years to be sure that this was who I wanted to be with for the rest of my life.

Exactly! Some things f us work slower in our emotions and need more processing time. I always feel like I’m several months behind my partners in my reasoning.

I would turn and run while you still can! I got married after being with my ex for 3 years. we were married for 2. Then I came home to find her with another dude! Hence the divorce. Like I said, turn and run buddy, turn and run.

MiseryAlice 0

Before you break up with her like everyone here is suggesting, you should ask her to marry you. She could have just been too afraid to scare you off by saying she wants to get married. The wost that could happen is her saying no, again. Better then leaving her without ever knowing.

If you had planned on asking her that, why didn't you wait after to buy the ring? you're an idiot

scrtNinja 0

haha! (this is to the girl who said you sound fun about the suicidal person)

Serafie 0

Three years isn't that long of a time, you know.

ashlea925 0