By Jelly_Hell - 03/11/2016 20:24

Today, I almost got hit by a car because the kid in the back who was wearing headphones was paying more attention to the road than the driver. He only just stopped her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 464
You deserved it 772

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Is it just me or does this make no sense at all?

hunterluv1 20

Okay, so what i believe is going on here is that OP is saying that the kid in the back seat of the car that almost him her/her was paying more attention to the road than the driver of that car. That kid was the one that alerted that driver to stop before they could hit OP's car. but i could be wrong...

Comments

i think" who was" is unneccessary lol

I'm not sure why everyone is struggling to understand this; unless I'm just way off. What happened in this FML is: OP was walking, and almost got hit by a car. The driver of said car was not paying attention to the road. There was a passenger in the car, who was paying attention, and told the driver to stop.

If that's the case, what's the FML? Drivers in my city are idiots. People get nearly hit all the time. OP didn't get hurt.

We need a "Could have been worse!" voting option here on FML.

The wording of this is awkward, but more importantly, no one got hurt. All's well that ends well?

Was I the only one who had to read this FML twice to actually understand it?

Hey, OP here. So, a lot of people have said that the grammar isn't all that great. I wrote this very soon after the incident in question happened, and was still a bit frazzled as a result, which is probably why. So, let's clear up exactly what happened. I was crossing the road, and this car comes out of nowhere. The car had a mother and son in it. The mother was paying no attention to the road and continued to speed down it, despite the fact that I was already crossing. Her son, who was in the backseat and wearing headphones, was what stopped the car from killing me. He got her attention and pointed me out. I'm sorry if this didn't make much sense, but I hope this clears it up.

cheshireau 26

Thanks, I wasn't sure if you were in a car or walking and who was the he that stopped the driver. Glad you are physically ok.

Punctuation would really help his post.

Trying to understand this gave me a nose bleed.

ncparry 18

Fml....you reject mine that makes sense but approve this one?