By voicelesspeasant - 03/11/2016 20:41

Today, weeks after I paid extra for faster shipping, I received confirmation that my paperwork for overseas voting has been received. Too bad the deadline in my state was yesterday. Thanks, Postal Service, for the consistency of your failures. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 802
You deserved it 843

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Could be deliberate. I'd report this if I were you. There have been previous cases of places trying to deliberately avoid postal votes because they know which way they'll go.

He said weeks, and he payed extra for fast shipping. Does weeks sound fast to you?

Comments

lexiieeex3 32

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

He said weeks, and he payed extra for fast shipping. Does weeks sound fast to you?

lexiieeex3 32

Overseas shipping can be tricky and varies from country to country. It's very possible.

seriously.... read the fml he did say weeks ago.

Just had the exact same thing happen to me.

Could be deliberate. I'd report this if I were you. There have been previous cases of places trying to deliberately avoid postal votes because they know which way they'll go.

blackfire29 7

Hi: OP here. I found the receipt the post office here in Germany gave me, and I looked it up online so I know where to direct my anger; it made it to the US in just a couple of days, and then USPS dropped the ball. I swear, my name must be on a list of special people whose mail gets used to prop up wobbly tables in American post offices or something. This isn't the first time something like this has happened to me with mail service. I almost lost my first job abroad a few years ago because they messed up the delivery of my visa paperwork.

OP, you should use your receipt and verification of delivery as proof to write a letter of appeal! This is a special case and they SHOULD be willing to look at it - regardless of the deadline. Try it out!

It's a little too close to the election to consider an appeal.

We lowly serfs must toil in the turnip fields of our overlords. Our ballots are burned in their hearths over which they roast the rest of our rights.

They may very likely go by the postmarked date, so you could be okay! Best of luck, OP!

You paid to vote? Man, I can't be bothered to waste time on it, much less money.

blackfire29 7

Well technically, I paid not to vote.

finalyearsofhate 22

Then you've got absolutely no right to bitch about the outcome Tuesday. It literally takes about a minute.

cootiequeen4444 11

Not voting is pretty much the worst case of abuse of a privilege. Women and minorities fought tooth and nail for this constitutional right. And in present day, certain groups in some countries are STILL denied the right to vote. Plus in general, to have a say in something so pivotal in one's country is not something to be taken for granted. Also yeah, if I could personally slap people who bitch about election results after not voting, I'd be on it like butter on toast. Talk about deserving it.

The deadline is generally when the envelope is postmarked (sent) not when it arrives... so it should be fine...

almost happened to my dad but he was in the army it came in a day before the deadline and they did something for him I don't know what because I was 9 so if you overseas for army you can probably ask