By ilovemom - 21/01/2010 05:41 - United States

Today, holding my newborn baby and yearning for some affection from my mother, I asked my mom what the best day of her life was, hoping she would say the day I was born. Her answer? "The day you moved out." She was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 253
You deserved it 6 656

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lametroll 0

The day you were born? Don't be stupid. That would have been most definitely the most PAINFUL day of her life — unless you had siblings, which were born with super-massive heads — in which case, she might've been somewhat relieved. I surely would be. Then again, I'm a man, and have no plans to ever have kids. Why am I still typing? No one knows, yet here we are. You're still reading. You could've stopped a while back. Uh — err, yeah, bye.

"The day you moved out..." perhaps this isn't because you'd left but because mother was relieved that she'd raised a responsible adult capable of looking after themselves well enough start out on their own...

Comments

She's still a bit bitter you didn't move out sooner. It happens.

"The day you moved out..." perhaps this isn't because you'd left but because mother was relieved that she'd raised a responsible adult capable of looking after themselves well enough start out on their own...

I completely agree with this. You're able to care for yourself, responsible, and still have a healthy relationship with your mom. At least, your mother thinks so as she felt she could be honest with you and not cater to your ego issues.

youthink_fml 0

Any time you "bait" someone trying to get a certain response or answer, you deserve to get shit on. How ******' annoying. YDI.

isitofficial_ 0

ydi abit op for trying to get attention. and I agree to 15#, 13#, and 12# :)

Hanban 0

Be glad that your mother wasn't cliche. She used a different tactic.

YDI. haha jk, but maybe cause u did something she didnt like?

The day you moved out was the best day of my life, too.

perdix 29

Where is alexandraa on this one? She's the best at sticking it to people who are fishing for compliments. I hope FML makes a special category for "Compliment Fishing" to go along with "Indeterminate Gender" and "Underpaid Babysitter," so I can find other stories to skip. I hope alexandraa agrees with me on this one. Sometimes I think my ideas are not so clever.