By ilovemom - 21/01/2010 05:41 - United States

Today, holding my newborn baby and yearning for some affection from my mother, I asked my mom what the best day of her life was, hoping she would say the day I was born. Her answer? "The day you moved out." She was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 253
You deserved it 6 656

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lametroll 0

The day you were born? Don't be stupid. That would have been most definitely the most PAINFUL day of her life — unless you had siblings, which were born with super-massive heads — in which case, she might've been somewhat relieved. I surely would be. Then again, I'm a man, and have no plans to ever have kids. Why am I still typing? No one knows, yet here we are. You're still reading. You could've stopped a while back. Uh — err, yeah, bye.

"The day you moved out..." perhaps this isn't because you'd left but because mother was relieved that she'd raised a responsible adult capable of looking after themselves well enough start out on their own...

Comments

stop being a crybaby, she looked after your ass for 18years. give her some space..

at least u have a new born baby to keep ur mind off her! congratulations!!!

Twi_lover_EC 6

That was harsh! At least "I hope" u know what day was the best of your life.

put your big girl panties on and stfu i'm sure you can't wait until the day your newborn baby is old enough to live by himself

ElMundio87 0
Punkartmama 0

This is just silly. Hoping for the answer you wanted is just to feed your ego, not an honest expression of affection.

So, wait, you just had a baby who, for the next couple years, will provide you with unconditional love and affection, and you're "yearning" for it from your mom? If I asked my mom what the happiest day of her life was, I'd expect her to say the day she married my step-dad. How selfish to assume that you are the best thing to ever happen to your mother. GROW UP!

Scorpio1989 0

@idkweird the day my son was born WAS and always WILL BE the best day of my life. And if I get married one day, then that will be an equal first. So stfu you little child. People like you piss me off cause you truly don't understand, and have no compassion for others. Kbye.

Child, really? If your screen name means anything, Ive got 7 years on you. Also, you admitted right there that you are not married, so who is not putting things into perspective here? You also only have ONE child. Does the OP's mother? You have no idea. Im one of 6, so I would never expect my mother to say that one of us was the happiest day of her life and not another. How absolutely horrible of her would that be? Even if the OP is an only child, that doesn't mean it should be the happiest day of her mother's life. As I said, I would expect my mother to reply with the day she married my step-father. Why? Because Im not a selfish twit who expect the sun to rise and set on me. That day was the day we combined our two families into one. How could that not be her happiest day? The OP asked for the happiest day of her mother's life. Not days, DAY. As in one. Why? Because she wanted a specific answer. Hell, the mom could have been trying to be sarcastic. My mother is sarcastic as all hell. Also, "People like you piss me off cause you truly don't understand, and have no compassion for others." Why? Because I think the OP should be focusing on her child instead of trying to get her mom to tell her the things she wants to hear? She should still be basking in the glow of a newborn child. Im sorry, I don't feel sorry people who fish for compliments and dont get the response they want. They shouldn't be expecting a response in the first place. Again, the mom could be joking and the OP took it offensively. Just because I don't feel sorry for someone creating issues in their own life doesn't mean I'm not a compassionate person.

Well, I agree with you, #38. I am a woman, and I'll happily admit that womens' hormones frequently get a bit off during the last few months of pregnancy and right after childbirth, so things may have been said that weren't appropriate or meant. What OP was asking for is indeed a bit selfish - while our children are important to us, we are still human beings. I would expect the best day of her mother's life was the day she herself got married, graduated from college, got a major award, or something like that. Perhaps even the day her daughter graduated from school. Not the day she was in excruciating pain for hours. But we're missing some piece of information here that would explain why the mom is so mad at OP. Perhaps she is a teenager, or unmarried, or in some other situation that the mother does not approve of her having a baby in. We will probably never know.