By itrustedsnapeallalong - 28/08/2009 04:23 - United States

Today, for the first time, I hugged the man I have been in love with for four years. It was a congratulatory hug at his wedding to my best friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 61 933
You deserved it 14 488

Same thing different taste

Top comments

This may sound mean, but you should've gotten over it after they started dating.

Comments

oh wah, I like someone and they don't like me back.

screwtaylor 0

Maybe you can leave him a note confessing your love to him, murder your best friend... ya know. Or, just get them both drunk as hell on their anniversary then have a 3-sum. Either way is fine and not creepy at all. :D

dudeface 1

This means you've had at least a year to get over it. There was a time in my life when I'd pine for somebody I couldn't have for years and years and years. That time was called high school.

screwtaylor 0

The OP had a chance to slap his ass, or at least lean closer into the hug so she can feel his penis and she didn't. He might have took it playfully, who knows. But at least she had the courage to do it. She's the one who missed out.

CONGRATS!!! Best friends are first in line for extramarital affairs! It won't be long now... Sooner if you can convince your friend to withhold sex for every little issue.

YDI for keeping quiet for four years. You deserve whatever pain and heartbreak you're suffering. You brought it on yourself. Get over it. You blew it. Wish them luck and walk away.

dayrin7 4

awww that sucks :[ did she even know you like him? well screw it is to late anyways...but if you really are a good friend let her be happy , don't try doing anything stupid like most nasty bitches are doing this days.

You've never hugged him in four years??? It sounds like you don't really know him well enough to be in love.

That's exactly what I thought too. I think some people mistake a crush for "in love". If you don't know him well enough to hug him, then you don't know him well enough to be in love with him.

You can be inlove with a friend and move away whenever he tries to hug you because you know you'll delay the end of the hug just a bit too long and that wouldn't do any good since he's taken. Just sayin.

fyl .. it's the hardest thing ever watching someone you love .. love someone else I'm so sorry I really hope withall ny heart that you will find someone else (:

I don't quite understand these ones. How could you have spent all this time not saying anything?? It's kind of backstabbing to be in love with your best friend's husband all those years, pretending to be someone you're not. Did you not have the chance to tell either of them how you felt? You didn't do yourself any favours by being unrequitedly in love. It sucks but if you want something you should just do it. You can't let these things pass you by. I learned through a tragic event recently that you can't afford to hold back on these things. What if he had died instead of getting married? You would never have had the chance to say anything but he isn't so either you tell them and move on or forever hold your peace.