By neverdatingagain - 27/11/2016 22:07 - United States - Lake Oswego

Today, after three years of dating, my boyfriend finally proposed. To my best friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 11 724
You deserved it 793

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Was your best friend dating him behind your back or did he just freakishly pull this out of nowhere? What did she say when he asked? We need to know!

This is why I don't have friends. Hahahaha! Haha. Ha. I swear that's why.

Comments

Was your best friend dating him behind your back or did he just freakishly pull this out of nowhere? What did she say when he asked? We need to know!

dakid87 10

There's more to this story....right?

Even if he was joking, it is still embarrassing on his and your end. Based on your username, he was serious. Even worse, depending on what your best friend said, your day may have gotten a whole lot worse. There are some things that shouldn't be done, and this is one of them. This definitely needs a follow up.

This is why I don't have friends. Hahahaha! Haha. Ha. I swear that's why.

Guess I don't count. :( #foreveralone

polsen4273 8

Yea, you need a hobby. I swear you comment in every single fml.

Oh wow...OP, please provide us with a follow-up

I have so many questions. Like was your best friend secretly dating him? If so, how long? Did she say yes? Did he propose to her in front of you? Why didn't he break up with you first???

You could always think of this as a good thing, now you can find someone better than him. You deserve it! But seriously, that's awfully rude of him. Hang in there OP, it can only get better!

The good news is you have a really good shot at being the Maid of Honor.

mariri9206 32

Only if their names are Rachel and Mindy and the (possible) groom-to-be is named Barry.

What a jerk! I hope that was just a bad joke but if not you deserve much better than a person like that to call a boyfriend. Better days are coming your way just stay positive.